Training and Operational Readiness Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
As a SYSTRA USA Training and Operational Readiness Engineer, you will bring project strategy to life by applying your proficiency in change management. This includes the following:
Securing alignment between project team members, vendors, and clients to ensure clearly defined outcomes.
Communicating a clear change vision and strategy across all levels of your project team.
Collaborating with stakeholders to develop an actionable change model that is aligned with project vision and strategy.
Creating mapping for the change journey that identifies the launch, hurdles, critical touchpoints, and destination point.
Key aspects of the role include fostering meaningful change and ensuring acceptance and buy-in through:
Clearly articulated strategy/vision/desired outcomes/framework and roadmap
- The incumbent will be partner with the customer program and departmental leadership to facilitate adoption of a next generation rail transit signaling control system in the San Francisco Bay Area. The candidate will liaise and lead processes to ensure the customer’s organization, technical staff, rules/procedures and organizational changes are implemented to ensure the readiness of the organization with the introduction of new technologies.
- The candidate will assist in facilitate organizational changes through engagements with the departmental managers, liaisons, system end users, internal and external stakeholders through frequent communications, training, business user engagements and workshops.
- The candidate will oversee the design, development of specialized technical training programs developed by the signaling system provider.
- The candidate will liaise closely with engineering consultants, system vendor and customer’s end users to ensure project tasks, work deliverables and execution of change management work are performed and communicated to all parties.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Organizational Behavior, Communications, or equivalent experience plus 10 years of professional business and organizational experience
- Mass Transit and Rail Transport Experience
- Knowledge of rail industry standards, practices and regulations
- Experience in design and construction of rail transit signaling and train control systems.
- Experience with CBTC industry standards and operational requirements, transit system automatic train control systems, strategic maintenance programs, implementation and migration of a new system in place of an old system
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills; Ability to lead and to clearly articulate organizational change management principles
- Strong collaborator who understands the importance of co-creation in change adoption. Capitalizes on internal intelligence by inviting stakeholders to create solutions together, build trust and support one and other in the newly created ways of working
- Recognizes that people and culture are at the center of any change and that behavior change requires a deep understanding of the motivations of those involved so meaningful solutions can be developed that will be accepted and embraced
- A visual thinker who understands change is integrated more rapidly when it is visually communicated
- Experience in leading organization change management methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge and experience with Engineering Processes such as Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Waterfall and Agile Methods
- Knowledge of Systems Integration, Requirements Management, and Interface Management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint
- Master's Degree in Business, Organizational Behavior/Communications preferred
- Experience in workforce covered by collective bargaining agreement preferred