Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Female Support Worker
Female Support Worker
£9.60 per hour
Full-time & part-time contracts
Full UK driving licence essential
Who will I be supporting?
- A lovely lady in her 50s, who is supported to live independently in her own home
- She has a mild learning disability, physical disabilities, and diabetes
- She is a wheelchair user and has use of a hoist in her home (full training provided)
- She loves pamper nights and watching horror movies
- She also loves gardening, socialising, arts and crafts, going out for walks, being around animals and she's a member of her local Slimming World
What will I be doing?
- You will be supporting her to live her life how she chooses, to be herself and to achieve her goals
- Her mobility is declining so you will be providing some moving and handling support - full training is provided
- You will also be supporting her with her personal care, her medication, cooking, cleaning, and laundry
- She also has a funded motability car to support her independence outside of her home, so it's essential that you have a full UK driving licence and are comfortable driving other people's cars
What shifts are available?
- Shifts start at 9am one day and finish at 9am the following day with a sleepover shift included between 10pm - 8am (sleepover shifts are paid at £45 per shift and don't count towards your contracted hours)
- Rotas are provided at least 4 weeks in advance to support a healthy work/life balance
Why choose Dimensions?
- Dimensions are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme in 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- We're a values-driven organisation that puts people with learning disabilities and their families at the heart of everything we do
- We care about our colleagues and are passionate about our comprehensive well-being strategy and staff listening network
- We offer 30 days annual leave pro rata with the option to buy and sell leave
- If you refer a friend to us and if they're successfully employed, you'll receive a £200 bonus
- We offer paid training and options to further develop your career through funded accredited courses
- Childcare vouchers, our Bike to Work scheme and discounts on meals, shopping, entertainment, and gym memberships are also available
How do I apply?
- Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application - we look forward to hearing from you!
Other important information:
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone with the right to work in the UK and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 if you require adjustments
- British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos are available for all of our recruitment communications
- "Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."