You may not have heard of us, but you may have been impacted by one of the many mechanical and engineering infrastructure projects we deliver on a day-to-day basis. We are a business with more than 30 years of experience and have recently made the exciting change of being bought by a progressive PE company, Aurelius, from a leading FTSE 100, employing around 2000 colleagues across the UK. We are one of the largest and most versatile mechanical and electrical contractors with a diverse range of services, with a national footprint across UK and Ireland, which is further underpinned by strong future growth opportunities.We employ many highly skilled employees in the world of High Voltage, Mechanical & Electrical Projects, Lighting and Rail.We have recently rebranded the name of the company as well and launched a new set of business values, which capture the aspiration of the new company.Job Title:
Jointers Mate (with HGV license) Base Location:
Plymouth, Devon Salary:
£25,814 + performance-related bonus & a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time- 42 Hour week What will I be doing in this role?
We're looking for an experienced Jointers Mate
to join the team.
The main purpose of this role is to work as part of a jointing team on a busy street lighting contract. You will be assisting with the installation, maintenance and routine work for a full range of highway lighting apparatus including the erecting of street lighting columns, poles and signs across the Devon area.
Alongside this, you will also drive and operate a HIAB truck, complete accurate and detailed paperwork, which includes drawings and measurements detailing the location of connections and test results.
This is a role that will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to undertake the training and development needed to qualify as a Jointer so is a great opportunity to start a career in the industry.What do I need to be successful in the role? Our essential requirements are;
- Prior electrical experience, ideally as a Jointers Mate
- We would love you to join us with a HGV Class 2 License,
- This role requires you to be physically able to dig using handheld and mechanical equipment
- You need to have a current Street works qualification card (NRSWA) 211- Slinger / Signaller and 302
Our 'nice to haves' are;
- We work in all weathers! So you need to be the type of person who is happy working outdoors all year round.
- CAT or Genny operation training
- Previous experience using a HIAB
- Completion of a G39 Electrical Safety in the planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance of public lighting and other street furniture training Course
- Temporary traffic management experience
- DNO Jointers Mate authorisation (any DNO Considered)
- Site safety certificate
- Emergency First Aid at work certificates
We can however support the right candidate to achieve any level of industry training/qualifications they may not have in the 'nice to have' list
Here are Enerveo we know that some applicants don't apply unless they think they tick all the boxes - but we are saying don't worry! We would much rather see your application than risk missing out on your potential! We know our strength comes from our differences and shared life experiences so we are committed to offering a safe work environment, where individuals are respected. What are the benefits for me?
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An enhanced employer pension contribution rate of 6%
- 37 hour working week. Flexible working arrangement will be considered
- Performance bonus scheme
- Being part of a team with a long partnership in Devon and a current 10 year contract
- Option to work direct from home with Vehicle provided
- Comprehensive life insurance
- Free eye test vouchers and vouchers towards the cost of glasses (dependent on test results)
- Access to 'Perks online' - our Enerveo benefits portal with 1000's of high street, online, supermarket, cinema, travel and gym discounts.
- Agile ways of working for office colleagues.
- Long service awards when you reach key milestones.
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking collaborative team who will focus on your future career and development.