Become an Eslander and start a truly rewarding career!
Esland are driven to changing childrens lives for the better by providing best-in-class specialist services. We are looking for residential support workers and senior support workers to join our growing, highly valued team. Our teams are professional parents who are nurturing and supportive, giving our children high levels of care and allowing them to achieve amazing outcomes. Our homes vary in size and provide therapeutic, EBD and complex trauma support services.
We think that our teams are the best in the industry - if you want to join us, there has never been a better time!The role of a support worker will involve:
What we are looking for from you:
- Contributing to the young persons care plans and risk assessments, their review and implementation.
- Forming effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies.
- To ensure the home is kept clean and in a tidy condition, adhere to the cleaning rota system, encouraging the young people to participate as appropriate.
- To ensure that good quality records are maintained as required with supervision and advice from shift and Managers.
- To maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism expected by Esland and Ofsted.
- To contribute to the educational and social development of each young person and assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programs.
- To meet the emotional and physical needs of our young people and maximize opportunities for their development.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People or equivalent (highly desirable) or a willingness to undergo this qualification once employed
- Experience in a children's home setting (highly desirable)
- Passion to help nurture young people
- Flexibility to work 24 to 48 hour shift patterns (including sleep-in) - rota given in advance but likely to be 2 on 4 off
- Full, UK driving licence (essential)
- All candidates must be over the age of 21 to meet industry regulations
Successful employment is subject to satisfactory Full Enhanced Disclosure, right to work and reference checks in line with government regulations and Safer Recruitment Practices (the company will cover the costs).
All young people are equally entitled to have their needs met in a fair and balanced way. Esland employees are responsible for promoting equal opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any young person or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, or any other perceived difference.What we can offer:
- A salary of £26,520 to £27,558 per year, depending on qualifications (based on a pay rate of £10.00 to £10.50 per hour and undertaking 8 sleeps per month)
- Enrolment onto the fully funded Level 3/4/5 Children and Young Peoples Workforce qualification
- Enrolment into Esland pension scheme
- 248 hours annual leave per year
- Opportunities to pick up extras shifts / overtime at enhanced rate
- Bank holidays paid at time and a half
- Comprehensive, paid induction training and ongoing training within the role
- Fantastic opportunities for career development, we promoted over 50 colleagues last year
- Cycle to work scheme
- A £500 bonus via our 'Refer a Friend scheme (successful referees will also be entered into a prize draw for an opportunity to win £5000)
- Monthly recognition awards
- Casual dress code
- Access to big-brand deals and discounts via our employee benefits scheme E-Together
- Food available whilst on shift
- Free parking
- The opportunity to make a real difference to a child's life!
With over 35 years of residential childcare experience, the Esland group now has more than fifty residential childrens homes, and three schools, that are spread across the Kent, Hertfordshire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Staffordshire, Wiltshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire regions of England. We strive to support our children to achieve their very best outcomes, through our bespoke residential care, education, therapeutic and activity-led wraparound services.