For Sainsbury's Group HR, people are the most important asset we have and we're always looking for the brightest talent to bring fresh energy, experience and inspiration. This helps us to get the best out of our people and make sure they have everything they need to feel valued, engaged, and motivated. Within Group HR we do exactly that and take pride in making a real difference to millions of customers.
As a Leadership Development Manager you will be responsible for helping our leaders build on their strengths and development areas to be the best they can be. Your role will be to design and deliver the highest standard of behavioural leadership development across the organisation, putting in place key development interventions - grounded in the best principles of behavioural change science - and understanding the business requirements, creating, or sourcing the content to meet these needs.
To achieve the very best in this role, you will work closely with multiple HR teams, and key stakeholders, owning projects that are part of our behavioural and leadership development offer, including but not limited to line management development, Talent programmes, core behavioural and skill development.
You will need to have a strategic approach to all solutions, being able to spot opportunities to connect your projects to the work of others and be able to produce a strategy for a specific area that is simple, relevant, and supports our business and HR strategy.
You will continuously research current & future approaches to leadership and development and behavioural change science and having bold opinions on best practice and challenging the way we do things. This will ensure we are relevant and following best practice to evolve our approach and offer based on this research, ensuring that our solutions are industry leading and stretching for colleagues.
You will also identify opportunities to improve our development offer, with the context of the L&D, HR, and business strategies, having a passion for retail and developing people to ensure that the solutions developed are relevant, meet business requirements and are aligned to our valued behaviours. What you need to know and show
- A high level of knowledge of learning, leadership, and behavioural change principles; both current and future
- Experience of identifying, demonstrating, and implementing L&D initiatives, which are aligned with business goals
- Ability to work at a strategic level is key, relentlessly pragmatic that shows you understand the Retail audience we deliver for
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity
- Strong project management skills to deliver on time and to budget
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence up to Senior Manager level and gain commitment to new ways of working
- A mindset focused on 'making things better'; critically evaluating on-going processes and solutions in order to stop, adapt or implement ideas
If being part of a hugely influential team wasn't enough, you'll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and a huge range of learning and development opportunities, you'll also enjoy a bonus scheme, holiday allowance, pension, a save as you earn scheme and colleague discounts at Sainsbury's, Argos and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We have a hybrid way of working combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.