Systems Dev Engineer
Job Description :
The TRON team is an initiative which partners with the Amazon Robotics team to remotely handle exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers in North America.The TRON technology enables the human supervisory control of automated tasks. In the TRON system, a remote associate provides supervisory control when automated tasks fail for any reason. This allows us to avoid falling into the 90/10 trap where a task can be 90% automated but requires 90% of the time for the last 10% of functionality. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
TRON team is looking for a System Development Engineer -II. We are looking for a skilled developer to join our team who would own feature development, performance, scalability and operational excellence on our platform. This includes working on existing in-house developed/ third party tools or developing new solutions. These systems are heavily used and have aggressive SLAs, which means architecting a scalable, fault-tolerant system is essential.
Primary responsibilities include coding, scripting, troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, C/C++, JAVA), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges, build and develop tools which will automate daily operational activities. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and be able to juggle multiple tasks at once and work independently. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Basic Qualifications :
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of experience in a Software Engineering, DevOps, or Systems Engineering capacity.
2. 2+ years of experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform)
3. 2+ years of Bash experience plus knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
4. 2+ years of experience designing software systems - from high-availability large-scale distributed systems to bespoke scripted solutions.
5. 2+ years of demonstrated UNIX (preferably Linux) systems engineering skills.
6. Experienced in BI Tools Cognos, TM1, Tableau, Blue Prism, Systems automation
Preferred Qualifications :
1. 6+ years of hands on work experience in Software Engineering, Dev Opps, and/or Systems Development
2. Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
3. Understanding and demonstrated experience working with core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP).
4. A Graduate degree or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
5. Understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance.
6. Knowledgeable in the AWS platform. AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification is a plus . Knowledgeable in hardware selection. . Knowledgeable in rectifying Networking and O/S issues. Performance Tuning expertise in very large, complex environments.
7. Understanding of the communication stack from layer-1 and drivers through protocol, routing and network management.
8. Experience with Linux operating system development (at the kernel or device driver level) and container technologies
9. Experience building hybrid cloud and on-premises solutions