Category Manager - IT
The incumbent would be required to maximize sales and profits of the category and achieve sales budgets while remaining competitive in the marketplace. The role involves managing Vendors/Suppliers/OEMs for the assigned category products and requires strong understanding of products, distribution channel, strategic sourcing and extensive usage of data analytics.
• Handle end-to-end category planning, growth planning, and achieving top-line and bottom-line for category
• Work closely with suppliers, majorly brands, and engage them in joint business plans with promise of growth and scale
• Assist regional enterprise teams in customer retention & development and new customer acquisition
• Ensuring 100% customer satisfaction through Seller/brand level monitoring of the NPS score vis-a-vis Inventory Management, Delivery SLA, Product Quality, Returns/Cancellations, etc.
• Work with merchandising teams on promotional planning and merchandising on the sales platforms
Technical understanding on IT products used at plants, suppliers, market operating parameters and dynamics with key players
Extrovert person – Go getter ; ready to wear multiple hats – Sales & procurement
Excellent articulator and communicator
Cross functional collaborator.
2-4 years of work experience, preferably in IT Hardware organization, preferably in PC industry
Experience in working with IT channel partners and distributors/VARs
Experience in onboarding and managing vendors
Good understanding of managing IT - Hardware as a Category Manager.
Education: BE/ MBA from a Tier 1/2 institute is a must.