We are a growing tunneling contractor based in Calgary, AB that offers its employees exciting opportunities for career growth, a great working environment, and competitive compensation.
The Company: Bothar Inc. specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection. Bothar is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service.
Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence! We believe in leading through innovation and providing superior value and service to our clients and partners by with safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious trenchless solutions.
The Position: As we are expanding our field of operations, we are in need of more motivated and hardworking crew members to join our team. The Supervisor position is responsible for the safe, technical and economical adequate execution of the company’s project in the field. Together with the Project Manager, and Equipment Manager, they will be part of the site management. In the field, they will be responsible for the organisation of the crew’s daily tasks and ensure the timelines and project goals will be achieved.
Covid-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
We currently have project opportunities available across BC and AB.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the HSE standards by the client and the company will be followed and executed by all team members
- Ensure the Project Quality Plan, Inspection and Test Plans, will be followed and executed accordingly
- Maintain customer relation during the project duration to client’s counterpart
- Take the coordination of sub-contractors and their crews and ensure their reporting and work
- Participate in pre-planning meetings with the client, sub-contractors and internally
- The position holder will be responsible, in partnership with the site management, for the execution of the project within the project budget
- Ensure the execution of the project within the final and approved schedule
- Issue of daily reports (internal & external)
- Required to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, and/or employees of the organization.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- The supervisor is responsible for the organization of his dedicated crew’s daily tasks, ensuring safe work, and that timelines and project goals are achieved.
- They also may be required to coordinate the work of sub-contractors and their crews and ensure their reporting and work schedule is maintained.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to interpret and communicate the tasks on project execution plans to crews
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and handle competing priorities
- Proven leadership within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of Microtunneling / direct pipe equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, superiors, vendors, and clients, and resolve conflicts
- Working knowledge of the required safety precautions and hazards when working with equipment
- Education – An education in the tunneling or oil field industry, such as Driller, Heavy Duty Machinery operator or other related field experience are required
- Experience – Minimum 10 years of specialized experience in the field. As well at least 5 years experience in On-Site leadership positions
- Relevant work experience – knowledge and experience with Microtunneling Machines and/or Direct Pipe technology are required
- Educated in Intercultural Management to be able to manage the international teams working for the company
Why Should You Apply?
- Industry experience with a high performing team
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development and specialized training available
Bothar is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, and/or disability, feel valued and respected.