Clarkson Evans is the largest electrical contractor in the new build housing sector, wiring over 24,000 homes and exceeding turnover of £60m in a typical year. Headquartered in Gloucester and established for over 40 years, we work for all of the leading housebuilders, operating nationwide.
We're looking for an electrical specialist to join our Facilities team, taking accountability for the safety and quality of the branch fitouts and projects throughout our national network. Always delivering to the highest standards, whilst driving your own productivity and efficiency. Working alongside and supporting colleagues and internal stakeholders to ensure new branches and projects deliver all requirements to support the business needs.
Supporting with planned and reactive maintenance, you will be an expert in a range of trade skills, with an understanding of regulations and legalisation relevant to the industry.
This role requires regular travel across our branch network and head office sites. Whilst supporting planned and reactive maintenance, there may be an infrequent need to stay away for short durations.
During branch fitouts, there may be a need to stay away for an extended period depending upon location.
Acting as a technical specialist for electrical installation and maintenance, undertaking planned and reactive installation and maintenance work throughout the branch network and office buildings, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of domestic and commercial electrical installations
- Installation of new electrical circuits and equipment.
- Like for like electrical changes, always ensuring safety isolation process is followed and minor works certificates are completed
- Completing planned works to include EICR’s, lightning protection (if qualifications held), E/M light testing and servicing, including complete all certification & remedial works required
- Working with suited locking systems both mechanical & electronic
- Multi-trade experience to support with project works and reactive maintenance support (including emergency building works and projects)
- Ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of materials
- Meeting deadlines for works and repairs
- Capturing all maintenance issues identified and where possible rectifying during site visits
- Where required liaising and work alongside Clarkson Evans’ third party contractors
- Ensuring all Clarkson Evans Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Responding and attending to maintenance and Health and Safety related calls within the required service level agreements
- Ensure all serious incidents are escalated to line management
Compliance & Accountability:
- Maintaining the highest level of productivity at all times
- Taking ownership of own induction, ensuring key activities are undertaken within appropriate timescales and probation review meetings take place with your manager
- Ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times and all duties are in line with Clarkson Evans policies and procedures.
- Maintaining an awareness of current legalisation concerning your role, Health and Safety, Data Protection and compliance
- Ensuring required training and qualifications required for the role are up to date at all times
- Ensuring correct uniform and PPE is worn at all times
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment at all times
- Attending and complying with toolbox talks and team meetings
- Completing all paperwork required for property files and ensuring all records of site operation are accurate, structured and compliant with policies and procedures
- Consistently reviewing hazards and risks for safe working practices
- Working with required Risk Assessments and Method Statements at all times, accountable for reviewing all tasks for risk before starting and ensuring that risks are eliminated before work begins
- Accountable for conducting inspection of vehicles to ensure that high standards are maintained and reporting any issues immediately to your line manager and Fleet management
Teamwork & Communication:
- Following up on any property related issues requiring action in a timely manner, engaging with other colleagues when necessary
- Behaving and communicating in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Ensuring that the properties are presented to the required standard and undertaking ad-hoc and emergency/incident response cleaning as required
- Assisting with incident response including power and fire alarm evacuations
- Demonstrating a flexible approach to work and a willingness to undertake all reasonable duties at the request of the managers
- Working in a collegiate and supportive manner with colleagues, ensuring opportunities to share best practice are utilised
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with operational functions and third-party suppliers
- Embracing change, supporting the business and colleagues through business transformation
- 18th Edition to amendment 3
- NVQ / SVQ Level 3 plus City and Guilds 2360 Part 1 and 2 City (or equivalent)
- City and Guilds 2394 & 2395 Test Inspect, or City and Guilds 2391 Test and Inspect
- Have a minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience as an electrician.
- Good oral and written communication skills including the ability to engage with customers and colleagues alike
- Good computer literacy skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office and PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) maintenance systems
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- AP – LV qualified
- Good Knowledge of BS 5266:2016
- PAT qualified
- IPAF/ PASMA
- Fire alarm experience and good knowledge of BS 5839:2017
- Experience of reactive and planned maintenance
- Emergency first aid
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours
- Ability to manage own time effectively, prioritising tasks when required, multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Possesses a positive and collegiate attitude, with the ability to adapt swiftly and a willingness to undertake challenging tasks
We offer a Company pension scheme, life assurance and a discretionary bonus scheme. We provide a support and counselling service available to all employees. Staff benefit from free parking onsite and an early finish on a Friday. In addition, we organise Christmas and summer social events for staff and a Children's Christmas party.