FP&A Business Partner - 9 month contract with a view to permanent. Hybrid / Remote working.
A leading global provider of product and service solutions have an exciting opportunity for a FP&A Business Partner on a 9 month contract with a view to moving to a permanent contract.
The successful individual will actively partner with the operations teams, supply chain teams, and leaders of the applicable business units to continuously provide critical information, unbiased facts, risks and opportunities and ownership of action planning to enhance growth and operating results.
You will be relentlessly providing controllership guidance to ensure absolute financial integrity, will takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions to complex business issues and operate as a recognised expert.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full P&L responsibility for supply chain, distribution, and freight within the region
- Developing and implementing annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts to accurately reflect current expectations of the business
- Developing strong relationships with business leaders to set action plans to achieve annual operating plan
- Developing working capital targets for the business units and coordinating with various business functions on operating plans and initiatives to ensure successful achievement of targets.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly results and ad hoc analysis to determine methods of increasing operating productivity through inventory write-offs and/or cost control.
- Reviewing and developing the financial justification for various capital or operating investments inclusive of risk remediation, productivity, strategic projects, and end of life equipment
- Ensuring business activities and processes comply with applicable laws and/or US GAAP
- Actively participate on Material Review Board to limit exposure based on management of E&O and future expiry inventory
- Leading key initiatives such as cost, restructuring, financial/reporting issues/questions raised by the business area or operating team.
- Providing financial support for accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate close
- Reviewing local entity statutory results and tax filings prepared by the accounting teams.
- Providing feedback and commentary to ensure filings submitting by the accounting team are accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- Supporting accounting team as needed and relevant to remediate audit findings.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, along with demonstrated leadership abilities. You will have the ability to work in team and matrix environments,to work with other executives, managers and owners in developing operating plans and maintaining regular financial reports. You will also be able to modify or create reporting processes to ensure efficient operations and timely reporting.
Candidates with a recognised accountancy qualification along with 5-7 years experience in a similar role will be of preference. Leadership experience is required and Six Sigma or Lean training is helpful, but not required.
Excellent IT skills are important and experience using SAP and Hyperion would be of benefit.
This opportunity not only offers the chance to work in a dynamic growing R&D team but also in a company that is looking to expand in an exciting area of research. This position also offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with a flexible approach to work in line with your qualifications and experience.Purchasing Professionals is an Independent Recruitment Company specialising in all Head Office vacancies including Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services, HR, Procurement, Operations, Logistics, Legal, Property, E-Commerce, IT, Customer Services, Marketing, Commercial and Business Support, from Trainee to Director level.