Quantity Surveyor x 2 wanted to join the team, hybrid working circa £50.000
Our client is a well-established and well-known privately-owned housing business.
Work closely with the repairs, voids, gas & electric servicing and internal investment management in the delivery of a quantity surveying function to support an annual budget of circa. £45M. Hold commercial management responsibility for all works including the preparation and analysis of monthly reports relating to the performance of the internal workforce, sub-contractors and material suppliers. Produce valuations / final accounts relating to schemes completed by the internal investment team.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
· Liaising with the operational management team and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues
· Maintaining accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation
· Liaising with and advising on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time
· Monitoring progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales
· Preparing forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, monitor and report on same
· Preparing Preliminaries budgets in association with contract staff, monitor and report on same
· Ensuring that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
· Ensuring that regular meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage
· Managing subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance
· Assisting the Operations Team, as required, securing labour, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget
· Ensuring work is carried out in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety Policy & Quality Manual
You will already be qualified and experienced in this field and you'll have a background in managing budgets and delivering similar services to a high standard. Have demonstrable Quantity Surveying experience within the civil engineering sector. You will have strong communication, sales and negotiation skills, an analytical approach, and a genuine ability to set realistic objectives and solve key problems.