In a Nutshell
We have a great opportunity for a Land Buyer to join our growing team within Vistry Partnerships Eastern, working from the Bishop's Stortford office.
You will be working in a new Division with a real focus on securing new opportunities to drive revenue and profit over the next 2/3 years with a real focus on sites in East Anglia.
As our Land Buyer, you will be responsible for sourcing viable, attractive, and profitable land opportunities in line with the businesses core strategy.
The successful candidate will be working alongside a Senior Land Manager and reporting directly to the Land Director.
Career progression is something we hold dearly here at Vistry and a career path will be clear and achievable.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let's cut to the chase, what's in it for you
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance - 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme - up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more
In return, what we would like from you
- Behave in line with our company values - Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Have a minimum 1 years' experience either from a Housing association or Developer background
- Ability to identify viable land development opportunities both on and off market for delivery in the short to medium term
- Build a short- and medium-term pipeline landbank based on strong margin and advantageous deal structure and cashflows
- Maintain and expand the Division's key contact base, e.g., land agents, landowners, local authorities
- Technical ability and good understanding of the planning process
- They will also be a confident communicator, with strong negotiation skills and have excellent presentation skills
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the Kent and Eastern area
- Strong knowledge of the residential market, plus a burgeoning network of contacts within the industry
- Able to negotiate land agreements with solicitors, agents and third parties
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
More about the Land Buyer role
- Identify and appraise new land opportunities and JV opportunities for development in line with the Divisional business plan
- Propose acquisition strategies with strong commercial acumen and present development opportunities to senior colleagues for approval
- Formulate and manage offers, co-ordinate investigations, negotiate with local authorities, agents and lawyers
- Procure technical, legal and development information to instruct internal and external parties to appraise site opportunities and constraints
- Lead proposals from inception to consent
- Work closely with the pre-construction, commercial, sales and affordable housing teams and external consultants, monitoring site progress through to consent
- Negotiate legal agreements, including JV's, with lawyers and third parties
- Implement all internal procedures including providing accurate and articulate reports in line with governance/procedural requirements
Finally, let's tell you about us
Vistry Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience, and backgrounds - we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do