Job Title Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Mobile North England / Scotland
Contract: Full Time 37.5 hours, Permanent
Salary: £41,000 - £46,000 p/a.
Everest is a leader in the Home Improvements sector, and we have an exciting opportunity available for a mobile Health & Safety Advisor covering multi sites across North England & Scotland
Everest values are Innovation, Communication, Ownership and Networking. We are looking for people who share our passions and want to contribute to our continued success.
As the Health & Safety Advisor you will be Working with key stakeholders to ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation. Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy. Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks, keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
What you will be doing
- To assist in the management of the risk assessment programmes to ensure assessments are completed for all tasks to a suitable and sufficient standard, controlling the level of risk to a tolerable level and therefore complying with UK legislation.
- Support and conduct the more complex risk assessments.
- To include all types of assessments including COSHH, manual handling, display screen equipment users, pregnant workers and young persons.
- To coach and mentor line managers and their teams to ensure they are meeting the necessary high standards of risk management and in doing so, drive continual improvement.
- To support accident and significant incident investigations, ensuring the root causes are accurately identified and timely corrective actions put in place to permanently resolve.
- Carry out inspections of Contractors and in house Permits to Work/Working at Heights etc, to ensure the procedures are being effectively implemented with suitable controls identified and followed.
- Challenge any unsafe acts and conditions with the aim of maintaining a safe place of working particularly during non-standard activities.
- Champion safe behaviours by carrying out shopfloor/site/IC inspections and identify any opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct monthly Safety meetings with all the Business Units and relevant departments. Ensure issues are raised and suitable actions are identified and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all new starts go through the required on boarding H&S training, and any additional training identified by the business.
- Develop and deliver training programmes when required.
- Ensure all practices are compliant with legislation and keep up to date of changes that may impact the business.
- Challenge persons who fail to respond to the legal requirements and coach where necessary.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet Everest changing priorities
What were looking for
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- Relevant H&S Qualification, such as IOSH
- 3-5 years minimum in a manufacturing or FMCG type environment.
- Conducting risk assessments.
- Carrying out accident and incident investigations.
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft applications e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent communicator to also include coaching, listening and observing.
- Confidence in own ability to challenge, discuss and successfully argue a point where necessary.
- A problem solver.
- Able to both work with people and in isolation where required.
- Patient and diplomatic because role requires a collaborative approach.
- NEBOSH General Certificate
What we can offer you
- 25 days A/L plus BHL
- Employer Assistance Programme
- Friendly and supportive team
- Staff discount available
- Company Car
If you are interested in working with us as a Health & Safety Advisor , apply now.
We are an equal opportunities business and do not discriminate on the grounds of Protected Characteristics as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.