Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a leading multi-disciplinary Environmental and Engineering Consultancy on the hire of an Associate Planner or Technical Director to their office in Birmingham.
This company is a leader across the energy and the built environment sectors, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. They provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people!
In this role, you will help provide a range of town planning services to public and private sector clients with an ever-expanding portfolio of projects centred on major urban extensions and garden communities comprising tens of thousands of new homes. This role therefore presents the opportunity to make a difference at a strategic scale working with nationally recognised clients, as well as a portfolio of major housebuilders.
To build on the company's successes, they are seeking an experienced Town Planner with a demonstrable track record of delivering work within the property sector for strategic landowners and / or developers to help develop and deliver the growing portfolio of property work.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team you will:
- Have a key client-facing role leading out on the successful delivery of strategic mixed-use urban extensions, new settlements, and garden communities with high profile clients
- Have a proven track record in managing key client accounts and winning new business. The role requires you to secure new instructions for the planning team as well as cross-selling in-house services
- Work with other senior colleagues to prepare and lead the implementation of ambitious growth plans for our development planning business
- Use your skills and experience to deliver success, representing clients at local plan examinations and public inquiries, providing sound technical advice, and taking responsibility for the delivery of high-quality outputs
- Keep abreast of emerging best practice, guidance, and legislative changes within town planning, to help raise our profile through speaking at events, networking and use of social media, and actively maintain your own CPD
- Help manage and mentor junior staff
Requirements to Apply
- You will be qualified to degree level in Town Planning and will be a full member of the RTPI
- You will have significant experience, with a substantial part of that spent in the UK private consultancy environment, and of advising clients on successful planning strategies, preparing planning applications, leading appeals, and inquiries, negotiating s106 agreements, securing consents, site disposal, due diligence, and implementation.
- You will be technically confident and persuasive with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You will have experience in managing or directing complex planning applications (from small to large sized projects) and managing multi-disciplinary project teams working to tight deadlines and strictly defined budgets
- You will have the ambition and ability to support the growth of our planning team
- You will have a full UK drivers' licence
Salary / Benefits
- Attractive salary
- Strong benefits package
- Flexible working policy
- Join an experienced Consultancy that will help you achieve your career objectives
- Varied portfolio of work
- Structured professional development
If you are looking for to join a global player with amazing opportunities for advancement and job satisfaction, this is the role for you!
The business leaders are looking to meet with suitable candidates ASAP so if you meet the above criteria, please contact Matt Fraser on 01792 341 104 or