Cadillac Cafe is currently seeking a qualified Sous Chef to join our fun and talented staff. Cadillac Cafe is a busy NE Portland neighborhood icon serving locals and tourists alike since 1989. We are committed to local ingredients that seasonally celebrate our luck in geography. We seek people who are genuine, professional and passionate about the hospitality industry. We believe that the individuals who work for us are our greatest asset. Benefits include but not limited to competitive wage + tip share, health/vision, 401K, complimentary shift meal, employee discounts at our sister stores and more.
QUALIFICATIONS & DUTIES:
The ideal candidate works well in a collaborative environment, prefers working for a local company and connects with our core values of working hard, being nice, working safe, being memorable, and embracing community.
Minimum of 1 year experience in a high volume, scratch kitchen as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Lead.
- Desire to work in a Chef-driven kitchen where the focus is great food and dedication to the trade
- Ability to work in small spaces with grace and precision
- Strong line skills experience
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to follow directions, recipes and spoken tasks
- Attention to detail and quality of product
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects
- Can clearly communicate to others
- Team oriented with a drive for making others great
- Teachable, Good Listener ability to train others
- Ability to multitask
- BREAKFAST EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Setting up a complete assigned station before service
- Prep and production of items
- Deliver exciting, relevant and flavorful food, and creation of daily specials
- Cooking of orders during hours of operation
- Knowledge of all aspects of each dish to include product, portions, plating, ingredients and potential allergens included.
- Ordering of food and non-consumable
- Maintaining organization withing the BOH by displaying team leadership
- Hiring and training of potential new Line Cooks with the supervision of the Chef
- Adhere to the practices and standards of cooking, cooling and storage of food products
- Participate in monthly inventory
If you are a true restaurant professional and you are looking for an amazing opportunity to join a company where you can grow your career, please apply. We would love to hear from you and look forward to connecting.