Alliance for Justice is a national association of more than 130 organizations dedicated to advancing justice and democracy. For nearly 50 years, we have been leaders in the fight for a more equitable society on behalf of a broad constituency of environmental, consumer, civil and women’s rights, children’s, senior citizens and other groups. Alliance for Justice is premised on the belief that all Americans have the right to secure justice in the courts and to have our voices heard when government makes decisions that affect our lives. Alliance for Justice Action Campaign (AFJ Action) is the 501(c)(4) affiliate that promotes a national conversation about the importance of the courts through advocacy, research, and mobilizing progressive advocates and voters.
The Database Manager will be an important part of AFJ’s/ AFJ Action’s cross-team effort to expand our networks and strengthen relationships with donors, member organizations, grassroots activists, and partners in the legal and advocacy communities.
We are looking for a results-driven, highly organized, and process-oriented person with a successful track record in CRM management in issue-based work. Previous experience working in a non-profit or advocacy organization is a major plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as the primary system administrator for EveryAction.
· Develop strategies for maximizing EveryAction’s impact and utility across the organization and manage the successful internal launch and implementation of these strategies, including the decommission of formal and informal legacy systems.
· Lead and mediate conversations between stakeholders to balance competing priorities, ensuring that implemented policies or new sets of data does not negatively affect existing data or other departments.
· Conceptualize, build, and monitor the flow of data through external systems and into/out of the CRM, in partnership with various departments/programs.
· Oversee administrative functions and provide day to day user support and answer user questions.
· Proactively assist users in determining more efficient ways to utilize Every Action and provide troubleshooting support when issues arise.
· Develop guidelines, policies, instructions, and trainings for teams to provide ongoing support around data hygiene and best practices.
· Work with major stake holders within the organization to establish policies and timelines revolving around the cleaning of data, including the removal of non-engaged contacts.
· Build and manage engagement data for online actions such as petitions.
· Assist in the development and building of reports and report templates for Development, Bolder Advocacy, and Outreach teams.
· Strengthen the culture of data and technology throughout the organization through strong user engagement, accurate data, analytics, and reporting.
· Keep database related projects and implementations on track and communicate regularly with the teams.
· Ensure EveryAction guidelines are kept current as procedures and processes evolve, preparing tip sheets for commonly asked questions.
· Additional duties as needed to support the growth of our database.
· 5+ years’ experience in a digital or database management role.
· Tech-savviness, including proficiency in CRM management. EveryAction strongly preferred.
· Adept at queries and data analysis with minimal guidance.
· Adept at writing reports and presenting findings to internal and external stakeholders, training and working with non-tech savvy users, and building and maintaining reports, dashboards, etc.
· A track record of analyzing numbers and translating them to make recommendations on programmatic outcomes, strategies, and tactics.
· Experience with nonprofits a plus.
· High proficiency with MS Excel and related programs.
· Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong problem-solving skills and outcomes/results-orientation.
· Understanding of user environments: applications, training and adoption, and use of data.
· Experience with Google Analytics and A/B testing is a plus.
· Ability to build and maintain strong, and effective working relationships throughout the organization.
· Sets strategic priorities and effectively meets deadlines.
· Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
Alliance for Justice/ AFJ Action Campaign provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Our employees share our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position has no direct reports.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. AFJ offices are currently working remotely.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a union position covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with the Washington-Baltimore News Guild, CWA Local 32035, which includes salary minimums based on job position category. This position is in Group 4 with a salary minimum of $70,000.