Our client is a successful and established FS Management Consultancy providing bespoke technology-led solutions in this instance to the wealth, pensions and insurance sectors.
Working closely with the joint CEO's, the Business Development Role Responsibilities include:
- Business identification and securement through leveraging personal networks and internal connections to open new client relationships and opportunities for productive meetings
- Taking the lead at client meetings and progression of these discussions into proposals and opportunities
- The organisation (with the help of internal resources) and possible hosting of two or three events each year to support you in your business development efforts. Conference, panel discussion, speaking engagement and business socials such as golf days and business dinners are just a sample of what we are happy to sponsor
- Developing and growing the client base ('new logos')
Development of account plans to:
- Facilitate and evidence the achievement of revenue targets
- Growing revenue and developing client relationships (Farming)
- Growing client base through new account plans and revenue targets
- When appointed or at your own request, take the lead consultant role on engagements either secured by you or others such that you are responsible for the management of the client and relevant coordination back into the company.
- Working closely alongside proposition leads to better understand their offerings and products and identify how to help them realise opportunities from client meetings and vice versa
- Developing strong client relations at senior executive and CXO levels, developing new business insights, and working with the wider business to deliver practical, implementable solutions
- Engaging with the marketing team and SMEs to promote business offerings
- Taking full responsibility for the effective personal use of the Salesforce platform within the company, contributing to the maintenance of high- quality data to support marketing, prospecting and the management of all sales opportunities and engagements
- A proven track record of successfully growing and sustaining the business development and sales targets at a top tier services / consulting firm (evidenced through relevant KPIs)
- Significant sales experience within financial services.
- Intimate with key financial services and consultancy trends
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve business & product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to interact with senior executives, junior employees, and clients
- Ability to interpret client requirements and to create proposals (presentations & other artefacts) in order promote our capabilities, leading to contribution to revenue and margin
- Strong Interpersonal Skills proven record of building and maintaining relationships at senior (CXO and CXO-1) levels
- Entrepreneurial drive and the ability to achieve stretched goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff, shareholders and external stakeholders