FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions that drive higher levels of growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. The company’s groundbreaking use of Big Data and mathematical algorithms to predict consumer behavior has transformed entire industries.
FICO provides analytics software and tools used across multiple industries to manage risk, fight fraud, build more profitable customer relationships, optimize operations and meet strict government regulations. Many of our products reach industry-wide adoption — such as the FICO® Score, the standard measure of consumer credit risk in the United States. FICO solutions leverage open-source standards and cloud computing to maximize flexibility, speed deployment and reduce costs. The company also helps millions of people manage their personal credit health. FICO: Make every decision count™.
Founded in 1956, FICO introduced analytic solutions such as credit scoring that have made credit more widely available, not just in the United States but around the world. We have pioneered the development and application of critical technologies behind decision management. These include predictive analytics, business rules management and optimization. We use these technologies to help businesses improve the precision, consistency and agility of their complex, high–volume decisions.
Software Engineering-Lead Engineer @ FICO Bangalore
“Come join our product development team in a hands-on technical role where you’ll be involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of software development and methodologies. This role provides the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our business, and work closely with professional services and product management to develop a highly feature rich product.” – VP, Software Engineering.
What You’ll Contribute
- Design, develop, deploy and support modules of large world-class enterprise-level product.
- Participate in architectural design of product.
- Develop high level development timelines based on project scope and understanding of the existing application code.
- Evaluate new design specifications and raise quality standards, address architectural concerns.
- Evaluate stability, compatibility, scalability, interoperability, and performance of the software product.
- Maintain and upgrade product source codes.
- Demonstrate technical expertise through publication, presentations, white papers and event participation.
- Continually learn new technologies in related areas.
- Serve as a source of technical expertise and mentor junior team members.
What We’re Seeking
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant experience in software architecture, design, development and testing.
- Experience in software design with strong foundation of design models and database structures.
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and programming.
- Experience in writing product specifications and documenting product features to present them to a wider audience.
- Excellent communication and ability to articulate the design with architects and discuss strategy / requirements with teams.
- Business domain knowledge.
- Ability to provide product demonstrations is an advantage.
- 4-10 years of software development in Java, C and .NET.
- 4+ years of Java development and 3+ years of software development experience in Java 8.
- Should have excellent acumen in Data Structures, Algorithms, problem-solving and Logical/Analytical skills. Thorough understanding of OOPS concepts, Design principles and implementation of different type of Design patterns.
- Expertise in Full Stack Java development using Java frameworks and libraries such as Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and Maven.
- Have knowledge and experience with at least one of the following frontend technologies: ReactJS or Angular 2
- Experience in writing Junit test cases using Mockito / Powermock frameworks. Should have practical experience with Maven/Gradle and knowledge of version control systems like Git/SVN etc.
- Experience in RDBMS or NO SQL databases and writing SQL queries (Joins, group by, aggregate functions, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with JMS. Hands-on experience in creating RESTful webservices and consuming webservices.
- Sound understanding/experience in the software development process, test-driven development.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams to define and deliver on projects.
Our Offer to You
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
- Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.