Skill: System Software Engineer (Firmware Development)
Experience: 2-5 years
· Joining – Immediate to 45 days
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree with a specialization in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication.
• 2-5 years of experience in advanced C programming for embedded firmware, Bootloaders, Device drivers.
• Understanding of x86 CPU architecture, Microprocessor/Microcontroller.
• Experience working with hardware interfaces such as I2C, UART, SPI etc.
• Ability to understand and interpret hardware schematics, interface specifications, customer requirements.
• Knowledge on Agile/Scrum based product development
• Experience/Knowledge on UEFI BIOS architecture and EDKII framework.
• Experience/Knowledge on interface specifications such as PCIe, USB, AHCI etc.
• Experience with firmware debugging techniques and debuggers such as Intel ITP/Lauterbach
• Knowledge on version control software such as git, SVN.
The incumbent will be responsible for
• Design and development of feature/customization/porting on UEFI BIOS firmware for x86 architecture platforms, using C language.
• Debugging and bug fixing of UEFI BIOS issues reported by customers/internal teams.
• Develop an understanding of internal/customer workflow and integrate that understanding in all aspects of design and development.
• Perform unit testing of implementations
• Create, Update and maintain project specific documentations
• Provide timely technical risk assessments, schedule estimates, and status reports.
• Manage complex tasks across competing projects and schedules.
• Interface and solve problems with engineering and other functions of the department, including the ability to coordinate work with others.
• Define, plan and implement general approaches and specific solutions in the areas of software development, testing and software process improvement.