Canalys is looking for recent graduates (less than 2 years work experience) who are looking to kickstart their quantitative research careers to join our Mobility team as a Data Process Analyst, responsible for managing, maintaining and optimising Canalys' proprietary A.D.A (Analytics, Data, and Administration) processes that drive its quantitative research on smartphones, smart speakers, wearables and client PCs.
We are looking for highly driven and enterprising candidates who want to grow quickly in a fast-paced industry, make an impact on Canalys processes and research, while having some fun with a young and energetic global team.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for Canalys' proprietary quantitative research processes, operate them on a monthly or quarterly basis, and maintain them appropriately.
· Optimize the above-mentioned processes, with innovative solutions to improve accuracy, and decrease analyst effort, using automation tools like Python and Excel Power Query.
· Keep up to date on current trends in data analysis and suggest/implement modifications to the current processes.
· Apply appropriate development methodologies (e.g.: agile, waterfall) and best practices (e.g.: mid-development client reviews, embedded QA procedures, unit testing) to ensure successful and timely completion.
Desired Skills and Experience
The candidate may be a recent graduate or be looking for their next role after 1-2 years of experience preferably within data analysis or an area that uses a similar skill set.
- Bachelor's/master's degree with specialization in Computer or IT or other computer related disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services viz., EC2, EMR, S3, Lambda, EBS, IAM, Redshift, RDS etc.
- Good understanding of ETL/ELT processes.
- Proficient in writing highly optimized SQL’s and algorithm for data processing.
- Deep understanding of the cloud relational and non-relation database, their storage concepts, best practices and use case.
- Skills in data extracting, cleaning, manipulation, and transformation preferred.
- Excellent ‘Microsoft Excel’ skills, including Power Query and PowerPivot.
- Strong English language verbal skills are essential. Fluency in another language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being Flexible and Thinking Globally.
- Good understanding of Real World Data and Real World Evidence.
- Deep understanding of data management best practices and data analytics.
- Up to speed with latest technologies in reporting, data warehousing, and data management.
- Ability to lead requirements sessions with clients and project teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Ability to distill complex concepts into easy-to-understand frameworks and presentations.
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate results and issues to internal and client teams.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work within a virtual global team environment and contribute to the overall timely delivery of multiple projects.