Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Market Research Manager Marketing
The UK POLS (Pearson Online Learning Services) team partners with UK universities to offer online degree programmes. We are looking for a market researcher to join this dynamic, growing business unit.
The market research team is uniquely placed within the POLS organisation in that we support all other functions within it, from business development to marketing, and from course launch to sales. We work closely with colleagues and provide them with the insight they need to support their activities – from high-level analyses of the general higher education landscape, down to very specific details of a given programme that can inform marketing and sales activities. The principal role is to provide robust intelligence on specific courses and assess their viability for launch. This includes market sizing, audience segmentation, and competitor analysis. It also requires the ability to help our partner institutions absorb that insight to facilitate them in developing compelling and distinctive programme propositions within the chosen disciplines.
The ideal candidate will:
- have an excellent track-record in primary and secondary research including qualitative and quantitative methods;
- be articulate and precise, and able to deliver research outputs both orally and in writing;
- be confident and persuasive, and able to work with stakeholders at all levels;
- thrive in a collaborative team culture, and;
- have the energy and flexibility to work within a high-tempo, dynamic environment.
- Researching and reporting on the market size and demand factors for online courses. Also, presenting these reports and findings to stakeholders at all levels.
- Working with academic partners to develop truly distinctive and attractive programme propositions.
- Producing detailed programme documentation to support marketing and sales colleagues.
- Monitoring and analyzing the HE market more widely, reporting on trends, regulatory framework and policy to help inform decisions taken by the business unit.
- Analyzing data from our systems to identify trends and performance to drive programme refinement and selection.
- Conducting primary research focused on our learners.
- Managing third party agencies.
- Undertaking ad hoc research projects as required by the business unit.
Experience, skills & competencies
- Relevant research and analysis experience ideally from within a Higher Education setting, or policy research/agency/business analytic context, with a track record in the delivery of research reports, presentations and other projects.
- Experience of working with multiple research methods.
- Detail focused.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office tools as well as other analytic and business intelligence software packages.
- Experience in conducting data analyses that establish and document a business case.
- Excellent planning, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly.