It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!Job Description:
Job Title: SAP Business Warehouse Administrator
Epiq Company/Division: Epiq Systems, Inc.
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reports To: Director of ERP Applications / SAP Analytics Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 6/8/20
Approved By:POSITION SUMMARY:
This position will work in a fast-paced environment with the primary responsibility being SAP Business Warehouse data modeling, execution of master data management processes, and monitoring of SAP BW and SAP BPC data movements. The candidate is expected to provide technical expertise in SAP reporting applications including Business Warehouse and SAP Business Planning and Consolidation with specific focus on the administration functions along with expansion and updates to the existing data models. The position will primarily interact with the SAP support team but in addition is expected to work Epiq’s finance team, senior management and operations to solve new reporting requirements. This role will have key responsibilities in the execution of the finance master data management process. The master data management process supports changes to the SAP organizational structures in SAP ERP and the corresponding reports in SAP BW & SAP BPC are adjusted and verified accordingly.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functional Support Services
- Work directly with business users to understand their processes and the information that drives their business decisions to define their analytic reporting needs
- Analyze and resolve reporting issues
- Monitor, drive issue resolution within, and optimize the data synchronization between SAP ERP (ECC 6.0), SAP BW, and SAP BPC.
- Implement and support SAP data modeling tools that will be used to produce reports, scorecards and dashboards
- Execute a centralized master data maintenance process for financial and organizational structure master data. Requires direct data maintenance in ERP (hierarchies) and SAP BPC (dimensions)
- Familiar with financial and operational report design, development, testing and deployment using SAP Business Intelligence/SAP Business warehouse and the SAP Business Object product “Analysis for Office” used for front end reporting
- Provide training to end-users on how to maintain specific master data elements when appropriate
- Provide Level 3 Help Desk support for end users’ application issues with reporting tools
- Complete special projects as assigned by Finance Director/Analytics Lead.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
Education And Experience
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in SAP ECC/ERP, SAP BI/BW (7.X) SAP BEx Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, Analysis for Office (AO), Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) NW, and SAP Enterprise Performance Management (EPM).
- Experience is full development life cycle of SAP BW project.
- Extensive experience in SAP functional areas related to FI, CO, SD, MM, PS, PA and CATS.
- Hands on experience on activation of SAP delivered standard business content and customized various models and extractors in logistics and finance.
- Expertise in data modeling using BW extended star schema, multidimensional modeling and entity relationship, Transformations, Data loads, Process Chains, Analysis Process Design, and Master Data.
- Experience in OLTP extractions from SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Proficient in SQL and ABAP coding in creating various Generic Data Sources, BADIs, implicit/explicit, CMOD/SMOD and various routines – Start, End, and Expert routines.
- Knowledge on performance tuning measures in data loading and reporting.
- Experience in BI roles, analysis authorizations and ability to troubleshoot security errors.
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM) in identifying and defining the right strategies to integrate & leverage the Master Data efficiently.
- Proven experience in building canned and ad hoc reports using best practices using various SAP tools - Query Designer, AO, etc.
- Knowledge in BPC models, dimensions, packages, transformations & conversions, script logic, security, and EPM report development.
- Exposure to reports and dashboards using Business Object tools, SAP Analytic Cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge on Visual Basic Script, Java Script, MS Office Excel functions is preferred.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Professional work ethic.
- B.S. or B.A degree in Computer Science and/or Finance/Accounting
Typical work week is 40 hours with overtime as required to meet business requirements and deadlines.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, performing work on a computer
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.