Position Title: Business Management Consultant
Location: Mumbai. Travel, as circumstances warrant
Reporting Manager: COO, Co-Founder(s)
We hustle Monday - Friday (1st & 3rd Saturday too) for 9 hrs a day
About the Organisation
We are a Series B funded fin-tech start-up in the hyper-growth stage. With 500+ employees pan India, we are one of the fastest-growing start-ups in India. Our senior management is Harvard, Wharton, Parsons, IIT, and IIM alumni. The Insurance business will be a new vertical, with different branding and the leadership reporting to the Group COO & CEO.
The person will work closely with our executive team & will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives within the new vertical & other departments & external clients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evolving strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation.
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Daily and Monthly Responsibilities.
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders along with external clients & customers of the new vertical, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- Provide direction to the team & personally drive efforts to ensure targets for the department are met consistently.
- Manage inter & intra-department coordination to ensure timely implementation & delivery of dependencies.
- Ensure timely & accurate reporting by all team members
- Ensure compliance with organization policies by all team members
- Prior experience in a start-up environment is definite plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in handling Insurance or Fin-tech products.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions.
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent practical experience. (mandatory)
Functional & Behavioural Competencies
- Project management
- Multiple stakeholder management
- Growth mind-set
- Aggressive delivery targets-oriented mind-set
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Ability to deliver in high pace environment
- Excellent communication
- Dynamic personality
What do we offer?
- Attractive salary & performance-linked bonuses
- Health Insurance benefits
- An opportunity to be in leadership position of a high-growth start-up
- Fun, casual & flexible work environment
- Entrepreneurial, forward looking, growth-driven & open work culture