Q2 is a financial experience company dedicated to providing digital banking and lending solutions to banks, credit unions, alternative finance, and fintech companies in the U.S. and internationally. With comprehensive end-to-end solution sets, Q2 enables its partners to provide cohesive, secure, data-driven experiences to every account holder – from consumer to small business and corporate. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Q2 has offices throughout the world and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the stock symbol QTWO. To learn more, please visit Q2.com.
Q2 is seeking an experienced, ambitious, and adaptable Python Developer for our Custom Development group within Implementations. This is your chance to join a high-performance team that is pushing the boundaries of technology to deliver, implement, and support customizable online banking solutions for clients. If you love solving technical problems to satisfy clients’ ever-changing needs, then this is the position for you.
You will be exposed to a highly customizable product on multiple platforms that is configured/engineered differently for each customer. This role requires the development of software modules beyond standard product configurations, including new product features and extensive customization of the platform to meet Tier 1 customer needs.
In this role, you will be working individually and collaboratively to develop, implement, and support custom solutions through fast-paced, dynamic projects involving components at every level of the Q2 platform to extend its functionality to meet our clients’ unique needs. Our ideal candidate is someone with a self-motivated tinkering spirit and who is comfortable diving into professional development life while rapidly learning to engineer solutions using a mix of open technologies and our own proprietary frameworks.
- Work with clients and internal teams to understand business requirements
- Design, implement, integrate, and test software solutions of moderate complexity comprised of Windows- and Linux-based front-end and back-end components that interact with end users and integrate with internal and external services
- Design and build product extensions that leverage our Q2 Wedge/SDK frameworks.
- Implement unit tests for back-end and front-end components
- Support internal and external testing, and resolve bugs in a timely manner
- Deploy code to customer environments with occasional on-call availability
- Accurately track and report status of your work on customer projects
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Mentor more junior developers to solve problems and develop their skills when applicable
- Effectively communicate with Customers, Q2 Management, and project teams across the organization
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Passion for applying good design principals while exercising pragmatism to keep deadlines
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Experience engineering software in a service-oriented architecture
- Deep technical skills in designing and developing multi-tier enterprise solutions
- Strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills including the setting of priorities and following-up
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum/Kanban environment
- Promoting a strong sense of urgency and enthusiasm for reaching goals and meeting deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment supporting our largest Tier 1 clients’ priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years of software development experience
- 2 years of experience coding in Python and 1+ years of experience using Database and SQL considered a plus
- Financial Industry experience with in-depth banking knowledge considered a plus
- Knowledge of Docker containers, REST/SOAP integrations, and TCP/IP socket level communications
- Occasional availability for on-call/emergency support
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary for deadlines and off-hours installations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related computer programming field
- Will consider direct, equivalent experience to what we are doing (Financial backend custom development and integrations)