At Cummins, you will work with innovative thinkers and leading technology in a diverse and inclusive environment to make meaningful contributions to our business, customers, communities, and the world.
You will have the flexibility, resources, and support you need for career growth and pursuit of the optimal Work-life flexibility to meet your individual needs and aspirations.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place, and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented HR Leader to join our team specializing in HR for our TATA Cummins Limited (TCL) entity in Jamshedpur who will partner with business and human resources functional leadership in the planning and implementation of human resources initiatives and policies for the organization.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Leads a broad range of human resources processes and is responsible for overall operational effectiveness and compliance with company policies and applicable legislation. Partners with managers and employees to resolve issues and concerns
- Establishes strategies with business leaders to select and retain the diverse talent required to maintain a competitive advantage and to align with recruiting strategies.
- Collaborates with business leaders to translate current and future business goals and develops initiatives and tactics to meet business objectives in alignment with overall human resources strategies and processes.
- Resolves conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on human resources matters for functional or organizational leadership.
- Conducts and documents investigations for business organizations or functional areas.
- Provides employee development expertise, support systems and processes focused on continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
- Implements and supports work systems and an environment that allows employees to achieve high performance.
- Ensures compliance with key government legislative requirements and adherence to human resources policies and procedures.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of workforce information in human resources information systems.
- Measures and analyzes key performance indicators to deliver functional and business performance improvements related to human resource investments.
- Communicates and consults on all areas of human resources including compensation, benefits, staffing, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management in alignment with common human resources strategies and processes.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provide feedback to direct reports.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
We are looking for a seasoned HR professional with 12+ yrs of experience with an MBA or equivalent background who has experience in managing plant HR operations, and unionized labor as a leader with exposure in the following areas.
- Candidate Assessment and Selection - Defines qualification requirements and selection criteria for open positions using Cummins tools; employs objective selection processes that meet compliance requirements; assesses, evaluates, and selects candidates against pre-determined job specifics and "Select for Cummins" competencies, and communicates openly with candidate and stakeholders to ensure timely hiring outcomes.
- Organizational Development and Effectiveness Consultation - Assesses organizational performance strengths and gaps by conducting comprehensive assessments, interpreting data, diagnosing root cause, and engaging leaders to improve employee engagement and organizational effectiveness; recommends intervention(s) aligned with Cummins HR approach to influence course corrections and evaluates the results.
- Employee Relations - Builds constructive relationships with employees and other stakeholders; reinforces the consistent application of Cummins standards applies knowledge of employment and labor law; effectively manages conflict; builds and maintains a collaborative, productive work environment through information sharing and consultation.
- Conducting An Investigation - Utilizes interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and investigation tools/process to resolve reported violations of Cummins standards in a way that promotes our values and ethical principles; conducts effective interviews and analyzes information; clearly articulates findings and makes recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Human Resources Consulting - Collaborates with partners to observe the environment and apply sound judgment informed by knowledge, skills, and experiences to identify and optimize opportunities to provide holistic solutions, while balancing the needs of stakeholders, primarily employees, with those of the organization.
- Human Resources Business Process Execution - Manages the execution of Human Resources business processes, seeking efficiency, accuracy, positive business performance outcomes, and operational agility; integrates activities across processes as needed; assures compliance with process and legal requirements; effectively balances process requirements and business leader needs.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience & expertise. Additional benefits include our Retirement Savings Plan, Medical Plan & Life Insurance benefits.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.