Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
We are a well-established family run business within the cooking oil industry. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join us, ensuring smooth running of the Accounts function of the business. Direct report one accounts assistant.
About the role:
Purchase Ledger for two separate entities;
- Processing purchase invoices in to Sage Accounts using correct cost centre and properties, for two separate legal entities
- Reconciliation of all Purchase Ledger Accounts
- Month End Procedures
- Processing payments.
- All other aspects of accounts payable.
Sales Ledger for two separate entities;
- Raising sales invoices
- All aspects for accounts receivable duties
- Credit control and reducing aged debt
- Analysis of sales figures
- Raising credit notes and applying to invoices.
- Entering and allocating payments received
- Month end reconciliation including sending all month end statements to customers
- Dealing with all customer queries.
- Perform bank reconciliations for two separate entities.
- VAT returns,
- Journals where necessary.
- Monthly management of cashflow.
- Quarterly Environment Agency report.
- Responsible for tankers contract sales and maintaining the weighbridge spreadsheet.
- Calculation payroll hours and liaising with external payroll company.
- Assisting in payroll queries.
- Confidential recording of employee data
- Overseeing and working with one account assistant
- Support to external Accountant.
- Be confident and proactive in setting up new processes and systems
- Candidates should have had at least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of payroll is desirable but not essential
- Be confident with Sage Accounts
- Able to turn their hand to many tasks
- Work well within a fast-paced, ever-changing and growing environment
- Have strong communication skill
- Be able to prioritise their workload
- Be well organised with a keen eye for detail
- Be highly computer literate with strong all-round Sage and Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with non-financial functions at all management levels
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Flexible during times of change
- Confident in problem solving
- Ability to balance quality and quantity on repetitive tasks
- Strong teamworking skills.
This is a varied finance role within a high performing SME.