Forward Role are working with a large-scale financial business, recruiting for a Team Leader to join the IT Service Delivery function leading an End User Services team.
Following growth within the business, changes to technologies and ways of working, they are establishing a focused team for enhancing and supporting End User needs. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to complement the existing IT teams in this hands-on and crucial role covering all aspects of End User IT. In this role you will lead build and support a team that provides technical design, implementation and both remote and hands-on technical support capabilities.
You must have the right to work in the UK, visa sponsorship isn’t provided.
- Leading a team of End User engineers in the design, build and provision end-user laptops/desktops and associated software, voice and video hardware and mobile devices.
- Lead response to IT incidents assigned, perform incident resolution or when needed.
- Plan and lead the deployment of Windows upgrades (current 10 to 11).
- Execute software installation and deployment to end user systems.
- Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Perform emergency and periodically planned administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Lead and contribute to IT projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
- Lead the provision of application and OS maintenance and support services.
- Investigation and resolution of issues, performance monitoring, diagnostic gathering, troubleshooting and problem analysis.
- Close collaboration with colleagues specialising in different areas, such as IT Service Desk, Infrastructure Services, Network and Telephony support, Information Security, vendors and third-party support providers.
- Resourcing demand for planned and reactive work across Manchester, Leeds and London offices including planning and participation in an out of hours support rota.
- Technical, hands-on, project experience.
- Day-to-day people management.
- Previous experience of leading and building technical teams in a fast-paced organisation.
- Working in a customer focused end-user support function covering EUC and software, OS image building and installations, basic networking and support.
- Incident resolution, project delivery, change management and problem-solving activities delivered to agreed SLAs.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft's stack including high level capabilities in O365.
- Supporting Windows 10 and the associated lifecycle (SAC and LTSC releases) and MS Office 365.
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Experience with installation and support of MAC OS.
- User endpoints, VMware Horizon VDI and Thin Client (10Zig, HP Laptop) and end user mobile computing (installation, configuration, administration).
- User endpoint/Application packaging and Management for Windows and MAC (Microsoft Intune, Workspace One).
- Remote device management for Laptops, MAC and Mobile.
- Basic Network Understanding – WiFi/wired connectivity, DHCP, DNS etc.
Interested? Please get in touch for a confidential chat.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.