1. Assist the leadership team in the implementation of the philosophies and policies of the organisation.
2. Assist the leadership team in ensuring that each young person has their needs met through effective assessment and care planning. Review and monitor care plans/contribute to review reports as directed
3. Support and participate in young people's social, life-long learning plans and recreational activities in line with care plans, trips out and holidays.
4. Act as a Key worker where necessary to specified individual young person, taking on responsibility for specified areas of care and support. This includes ensuring all medical needs are met and supporting the young person to advocate his/her own needs and wishes.
5. Facilitate and support young people in decision making. Promote choice and involvement.
6. Ensure all Staff Members work in a way that demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the rights of people with emotional & challenging behaviours and/or learning difficulties.
7. Consistently apply strategies developed in response to challenging behaviours and contribute to the review and development of any such strategies.
8. Encourage young people to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene.
9. Record information about young people and ensure good communication with Staff Members.
10. Once trained, administer medication (if applicable) in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and ensure that medical emergencies are dealt with appropriately. Always adhere to the Companys medication policy.
11. Ensure that young peoples personal property and clothing is maintained to a high standard and any additional needs are reported to the leadership team.
12. Promote good practice in the team in accordance with the homes SOP and in line with all Company policies and procedures.
13. Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with young peoples personal and financial affairs.
14. Participate in Staff and young peoples' meetings as and when required. Maintain appropriate records as directed
Training and Development:
15. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
16. Attend all designated training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
17. You must commit to monthly formal supervision and bring agender items to discuss
Health & Safety:
18. Report immediately to the Team Leader, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a young person, colleague, self, or another.
19. Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Exceptional Care Limited Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures. Follow and undertake risk assessments
20. Report to the Team Leader/Managers and the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment, or any potential hazard.
21. Promote safe working practice within Exceptional Care.
22. Assisting Team Leader on duty to maintain the petty cash records in line with Company policies and procedures.
23. Carry out daily records as directed when on shift.
24. Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
25. Promote and ensure the good reputation of Exceptional Care Limited and sign to all policies and procedure that relate to the organisation.
26. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties as stated in the confidentiality policy and Data protection policy.
27. Ensure the security of Exceptional Care Limiteds houses is always maintained.
28. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
29. Ensure the childrens home is cleaned and well maintained throughout your shift.
30 Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.