Condé Nast is a global media company that produces the world’s leading print, digital, video, and social brands. These titles, which include Vogue, GQ, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Wired among others, inform audiences in new and compelling ways by creating beautiful, visually arresting moments that offer new perspectives, and new forms of self-expression.
The subscriptions and memberships group is responsible for direct consumer revenue capabilities and initiatives across our portfolio of global brands. The group consists of several teams and focus areas within the subscription funnel, including identity & authentication, subscriber conversion & retention, payments & billing, and other underlying platforms that support the entirety of our operations. The Identity & Authentication team is responsible for the strategy, feature development and underlying platforms responsible for the user authentication journeys and account management. We’re looking for a product manager who will lead the implementation of new efforts and the maintenance and evolution of existing services, and collaborate with other cross-functional teams within our organization.
As the Product Manager responsible for Identity & Authentication, you will report to the Director of Product for Customer Acquisition, work closely with the Sr Director of Product of all our entire subscriptions & membership platform, as well as alongside other product managers, engineers and designers within the group. You will manage a distributed team of engineers. The Identity & Authentication related tools are some of Conde Nast’s foundational platforms, encompassing some of the most vital focus areas for the consumer revenue organization.
As the Product Manager you will:
● Own the product strategy and vision for all Identity & Authentication efforts.
● Extend Condé Nast’s capabilities responsible for converting unknown users to known customers, inclusive of our registration gating strategy.
● Improve our user authentication flows by providing users with seamless ways to login, tailored to various use cases.
● Continue growing our logged-in user base, whether they are new or returning
● Work closely with the rest of the subscription & membership teams to ensure a unison between the end-user experiences and the platforms that empower them.
● Roll out our capabilities across all our brands and markets globally
● Work closely with design, engineering, legal, audience development, marketing and
other cross-functional teams.
● Apply a data driven and experimentation framework as a constantly iterative process.
Who should apply:
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of the user identity management landscape. Experience with user-facing authentication flows, scalable single-identity global platform evolution and integrations with adopted SSO providers is core to this role. Product prioritization skills are a must, along with the ability to properly size projects and clearly explain to stakeholders the decision-making implications and impact of our efforts. Curious and open-minded thinkers with a keen sense of design aesthetics, and those who embrace change will thrive in this role. You should be as comfortable working cross-functionally as you are at engaging across teams and time zones. A passion for the media brands at the heart of this business is fundamental.
● 5 years experience of product management experience
● Experience working with user identity management systems and optimizing user facing authentication flows.
● Previous experience with OAUTH and Single Sign On (SSO) technology
● Previous experience integrating with known identity providers, such as Google, Apple, Facebook etc.
● Preferred experience with growing logged-in users for a reputable brand or large B2C company
● Strong understanding of user privacy and compliance requirements pertaining to identity management.
● Experience working with engineering and design teams using agile or similar techniques
● BA/BS or related training