KPMG is a leading professional services firm providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have 207,000+ outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 153+ countries and territories.
KPMG Global Services Overview:
KPMG Global Services (KGS) is a strategic, global delivery organization that engages with KPMG member firms to provide innovative, scalable and customized solutions.
Set up in 2008, KGS is a joint venture between KPMG U.S., KPMG U.K., and KPMG India, along with the support of KPMG International. KGS provides Advisory, Tax, and Audit professional services to 50+ member firms worldwide.
Since its inception, KGS has been focused on making member firms increasingly relevant to their clients. By leveraging the experience and talent of more than 17,000 professionals, KGS successfully partners with member firms to effectively:
· Enhance speed to market and capacity to deliver seamless client operations
· Develop differentiated market offerings
· Build a scalable client-delivery model that rapidly adapts to their evolving needs
· Harness a multi-talented resource pool
· Standardize global capabilities and methodologies
· Drive greater efficiency and lower costs
We are recruiting for an Associate Consultant in the Accounting Advisory Services team. Working as a Consultant in this team, your responsibilities will include:
- To undertake smaller sized assignments independently or assist in larger assignments reporting to an Assistant Manager, Manager or Senior Manager
- Provide technical and transaction-based accounting advisory support and research to international KPMG teams and clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting standards
- Assist with US Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for spin-offs, carve-outs, initial public offerings (IPO), debt offerings, and other acquisition filings for both domestic and cross-border transactions
- Provide conversion services to U.S. and foreign registered companies to / from U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures, complex financial instruments, revenue recognition and leases.
- Prepare and present accounting whitepapers
- Qualifications: CA/ACCA/CPA
- Experience: 0-1yrs of post qualification financial audit experience with a public accounting or advisory firm plus training experience in same or similar organization, or two years of financial reporting/ consolidation experience with a Fortune 500 organization or similar large organization in India.
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations without compromising on quality and ethical standards and values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player; self-driven and ability to work independently as well as able to motivate team members
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations.