Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our client based in the Shropshire countryside.
Our client are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to supervise, mentor and develop the maintenance team. You will play a key part in the day to day maintenance across the production sites. You will ensure the sites deliver an effective, efficient and high quality maintenance process. You will also be given additional tasks and responsibilites within other areas of the business, with the supervisors capability.
Your duties day to day will be as follows:
- Supervise and lead the team to produce an agreed planned programme, to make sure the client are meeting its own legal, performance, health and safety, compliance and efficiency requirements.
- To be responsible for maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment. Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and maintaining accurate documentation.
- Resolving maintenance issues where possible and reporting where necessary in a timely manner.
- To report any areas that are health and safety or machine risk immediately. Making sure that as and when appropriate these areas are isolated, turned off, highlighted or barriered off as required.
- To liasise with the rest of the management team to deliver the planned maintenance programme on time, on budget and in a way that minimises any distruption.
- To deliver the planned maintenance programme effectiviely and safely during the maintenance cycle areas of investment or future repairs that need to be carried out.
- To produce and maintain an agreed parts stores plan and stock level.
- To effectively prioritise work load. Liasing with the management team to make sure resource is available if and when required.
- To be responsive to breakdowns and identifty the cause, implementing a new process so that learning from breakdowns can be used to minimise any in the future. This will require turnout on 7 days a week during key times of the year.
- This is a hands on role you will be required to assist and work with the rest of the maintenance team as and when required.
- Identify and highlight areas of improvement and training required. Either for the maintenance team or for members of the work force using any equipment or machinary.
- To produce and ensure that the team maintain a record of maintenance.
- To be responsible and accountable for the tasking, monitoring and management of external maintenance contractors.
- To be responsible and accountable for the delivery of key projects as identified by the business.
- To be responsibile and accountable for tools, equipment and consumables purchased and managed.
Experience required for the role:
- Experienced fitter and/or in general business maintenance preferably with horticultural or agricultural experience, happy to be working in an office, in a field, out doors and indoors.
- Holding qualifications to service and repair kerosene boilers, hearters commercial or be willing to train and take additional qaulifications.
- To be able to work at a height i.e., for the repair of a broken glass or a thermal screen.
- Effective, accurate and honest communicator up and down and across all departments.
- To be well organised with excellent attention to details and ability to prioritise work.
- To have a flexible approach to work and be able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- To be a great team player and be able to motivate, mentor, train and support the teams.
- To be able to work under time pressure.
- To have working knowledge of quality systems.
- To be willing to work out of hours and during weekends to maintain equipment when required and call out.
Training and certifications required for the role:
- An in-date FLT license
- First aid cerficiation or be willing to attend a course prior to starting.
- Maintenance qualifications and able to demonstrate experience.
- To be able to work at hights.
- Basic IT skills and able to work with Word and Excel.
- Record of ongoing health and safety training.
- PA1, PA6 ideal PA2.
- Full UK driving license.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday however, you must be flexible to work overtime and during the weekend - on call service if and when required.
The salary for this role is between £22,000 and £26,000 per annum depending on experience.
This role is a permanent full time position, no hybrid or home working can be offered. This is an interview process, please only apply if you have the relevant experience.
If you are interested in this role please apply now with an up to date CV, once applied for a faster response please call our office on and ask for Sophie or Claire.