Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Laboratory Team Leader
Cawood is the UKs leading independent scientific group, recognised for its technical capability and value-added service to customers. We provide laboratory analysis to the agriculture, food and environmental sectors, as well as contract research to GLP standards to support the development of agrochemicals, biocides and other chemicals.
Marchwoodare looking for aTeam Leaderto join their team on afull-time permanent basis, based in Millbrook.
- Performing a range of analytical testing as required by the Laboratory Manager to support routine operations.
- Reporting valid results on a timely basis within the guidelines of the Quality System.
- Communicating any operational problems and issues that may affect quality or service delivery to the Laboratory Manager, and other departments.
- Ensuring the quality of work produced within the department.
- Ensuring equipment is maintained as in accordance with procedures.
- Taking a proactive role in the maintenance, breakdown and repair of equipment.
- Communicating equipment maintenance, breakdowns and repairs to the Laboratory Manager, and other departments as required.
- Overseeing the planning and scheduling of work that optimise resource efficiency and ensuring customer requests are completed within agreed timelines.
- Liaising with the Laboratory Manager over staffing requirements for safe and efficient daily laboratory operations.
- Identifying and communicating chemicals and consumables purchasing requirements within their team.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all methods, instrumentation, and documentation relevant to the team.
- Ensuring safety rules are followed and that specified protective clothing available.
- Taking a proactive approach to help ensure the workplace and working methods are safe, with potential hazards identified and risks controlled.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Great organisational skills
- Be very approachable towards colleagues
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Experience as a Team leader