About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their faces. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech.
Were a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people powerour innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Team and Position Summary:
Retail and Emerging Tech: This is the team that builds reusable technologies that aid in acquiring customers, onboarding, and empowering merchants besides ensuring a seamless experience for both these stakeholders. They also optimize tariffs and assortment, adhering to the Walmart philosophy - Everyday Low Cost. In addition to ushering in affordability, they also create personalized experiences for customers the omnichannel way, across all channels - in-store, on the mobile app, and on websites.
Our team is responsible for the design, development, and operations of large-scale consumer facing applications. We focus on real-time transactions, user experience flows, streaming analytics across the web, and native apps. We interact with multiple teams across the company to provide scalable robust technical solutions.
- Through this role you have an opportunity to develop intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the customer and the company.
- You also get to collaborate with team members to develop best practices and client requirements for the software.
- Design and develop the front-end components as per the requirements.
- Take ownership over the quality of implementation.
- Work with engineers to generate and maintain code according to the agreed coding standard and best practices
- Bring a passion to remain up to date with the latest trend of ever-changing distributed applications development.
- Investigate the latest technology and build quick Proof of Concept functionalities to address future business needs
- Preparing, improving, and introducing new approaches/methodologies/tools and techniques within the pillar
- Work to meet delivery commitments of feature content throughout the whole Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Perform code reviews, and support other team members
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in front-end technologies.
- 3+ years of experience in systems design, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Experience working with Micro-frontends, component-based design.
- Develop interactive, user-friendly applications using the latest frameworks which are open source and proprietary, and contribute reusable components to the Walmart UI Development community
- Develop Frontend components invoking REST / GraphQL services
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology and leveraging SDLC tools to improve development and testing efficiency (JIRA, Jenkins, GIT, JUnit, Selenium, Lint)
- Deep knowledge of microservices & event-driven architecture patterns is a plus
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure, such as Open Stack, Azure, GCP, or AWS
- Experience in Cloud and Container-based development (Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.