A Semiconductor Buyer role for a renowned Global OEM located in Gaydon, on a permanent basis with a salary up to £50,000 (dependant on experience) + Benefits
Our client is embarking on an exciting new journey of forging direct relationships with semiconductor manufacturers to support the future company strategy, which includes an ambitious cycle plan of new fully electric products. This is your chance to be part of something special as they are building an all-new purchasing team.
The successful Semiconductor Buyer will secure a full-time permanent position benefitting from a salary up to £50,000 per annum (dependant on experience) alongside a range of benefits including a Global Bonus, Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Income Protection Cover, Enhanced Holiday entitlement (starting at 26 days plus 8 bank holidays and increasing with years of service) and Vehicle Purchasing Schemes!
The ideal Semiconductor Buyer would be talented, enthusiastic, and professional, able to take global responsibility for direct relationships with individual semiconductor suppliers. Confident in supplier negotiations ideally within a semiconductor or electronic industry with the ability to build strong working relationships whilst ensuring compliance and new process developments.
Semiconductor Buyer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver successful contract negotiations with semiconductor suppliers to support new product sourcing
- There will likely be the requirement to make periodic international travel, for example to visit semiconductor suppliers and industry events.
- Manage semiconductor supplier relationships to deliver best in class Quality, Cost, Delivery, Innovation and Sustainability
- Be responsible for clear and consistent reporting to senior leaders on progress
- Work cross functionally to establish new optimal ways of working as semiconductors are brought into existing business
- Ensuring compliance to existing policies and processes and proactively identifying and participating in opportunities to improve these
- Ensuring continuity of supply throughout the contract, accessing best -in-class technology
- Opportunity to lead process creation / improvement and problem solving
The Ideal Semiconductor Buyer:
- Ideally have experience working in the semiconductor or electrotonic industry
- Ideally have experience in contract negotiation, price negotiation and supplier relationship management
- A positive, enthusiastic, resilient, results driven mindset
- A strong communicator with the ability to engage with and manage key stakeholders to influence cross functional engagement
- Ability to build relationships with external parties and constructively challenging and driving them to improve performance
- An ability to challenge existing processes and spot opportunities for improvement
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Business level English
- An understanding of Test-Driven Development
- An aptitude for problem solving and an openness to learning new skills and technologies.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please apply today, or call