Head of Procurement
Lancashire, Hybrid Working Model
Growing Food Group
Are you an proven leader within procurement, ideally with considerable experience within the Food Industry, looking to inherit an senior leadership position (part of the SLT/Board Level ) withing a Growing Business? Want to own and develop global purchasing function, with a team in place from day one, and an organisation with YoY growth (10%+) for the last 2/3 years, then this is the role for you!
This Growing Food Business, who take pride in delivering a number of leading brands into the UK Retail market, are currently in the market for a Head of Procurement.
The role will be responsible for ownership the purchasing spend (across directs and indirects), developing the sourcing strategy for the business, driving greater efficiencies across the global supply chain whilst training and developing an aspiring procurement function.
- Leadership of the of the sourcing strategy for the business; managing a spend of circa. £60million, across raw materials, packaging, consumables, indirects
- Overseeing a team of 5, looking at developing both internal practises and processes whilst supporting with training and development
- Key member of the Senior Leadership Team collaborating internally cross-functionally to enable business strategy, looking to identify and own projects to develop and improves the wider supply chain
- Develop and maintain relationship withs key suppliers, with the Far East and Europe being core areas of supply, ultimately protecting the business in terms of security of supply
- Identify potential new suppliers to encourage competition across major areas of spend, whilst reviewing existing contracts to maximise efficiencies
- Drive projects around environmentalism and sustainability to support the business as it continues to reduce waste and promote a more environmentally friendly operation
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience of working within a Food or Drinks Manufacturing Environment is ideal
- Proven tract record of leading and owning a purchasing function would be beneficial, with particular focus on growing organisations
- Management capability, with the skill set of promoting and develop a purchasing team
- Experience of managing direct and indirect spends would be ideal, with direct being particular of interest (raw materials, packaging, consumables)
- Experience of Supplier contract negotiation and contract management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Development of improving wider supply chain operations e.g. logistics, warehouse, capacity, would be beneficial
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to ;or alternatively please apply via the link below.