Supply Chain Manager, AMXL EU Supply Chain
Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? Do you want to take on the challenge of planning and optimizing a fulfilmentnetwork serving millions of shipments across Europe? Would you like to be a part of high-energy team obsessed with solving challenging problems? If so, AMXL looks forward to hearing from you!
Amazon Extra Large (AMXL) obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs, Domestic Appliances and other large items like furniture in customers homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install and sometimes even do tests, hauling away old items as needed. We are currently in the process of building out a network that is poised for big growth in the coming years. We are building a dedicated network across fulfilment, delivery and services and are adding more specialized fulfilment centres and delivery stations across EU.
EU AMXL Supply Chain Operations team is looking for an outstandingly talented, analytical, driven, experienced Supply Chain Manager (f/m/d) that can excel both at an operational level and at driving key initiatives with senior management. At an operational level, you will own S&OP short and mid-term planning and execution processes for Crossborder & EFN flows across EU, ensuring proper placements and capacity optimization plan to serve unique business requirements of Heavy & Bulky products fulfilment. At planning level, you will be responsible for driving excellent planning improvements and initiate processes standardization and tech changes with Global teams. The role requires heavy index on deep dive, bias for action, and ownership. The AMXL Supply Chain team works closely with Amazons Fulfilment Centres (FCs), Transportation, Retail, Vendors and Finance teams, orchestrating the upstream and downstream partners to exceed customer expectations while optimizing end-to-end supply chain selection, speed and cost.
This is a highly visible position, based out of our European headquarters in Luxembourg, London or Munich, and critical to the AMXL's operations and forward capability as we continue the fast-paced growth and scale-up of our fulfilment network. It is a unique opportunity to work on an end-to-end Supply Chain scope at Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
- Key member of EU AMXL SC team managing S&OP and mid-term planning for crossborder & EFN across new EU.
- Run the full weekly and quarterly planning process for EU AMXL EFN and crossborder volumes
- Monitor and analyze mid-term inventory requirement trends and execute the optimal usage of capacity
- Owns short-term SC planning & execution for new EFN lanes
- Carry out sensitivity analysis and create a decision model for optimal utilization of the existing capacity and inventory placement, considering all other business impacts.
- Integrate known future events and manages constraints management into a weekly planning actuals vs. plan exercise
- Involves in strategic decisions with our Operational site management, Retail, Transportation partners, and several support teams to drive efficiency in SC planning and execution
- Answer operational queries in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Provide deep analytics to root cause and evolve solutions to complex problems.
- Work closely with the other Global and EU AMXL operations teams in areas including network/topology planning and design, capacity planning, inventory placement, customer experience and network planning, continuously optimizing for customer experience and fulfilment efficiency.
- Set and deliver country goals relating to forecast accuracy, inventory management, process timelines, and general planning efficiency
- Drive EU SC planning (e.g. process, tools, etc.) and development initiatives.
- Present planning and project updates to senior management.
- You should have a bachelors degree in a numerate subject (engineering, physics or other hard sciences) from a reputed university
- Demonstrated professional experience in Supply Chain / Transportation, experience in Planning, S&OP or Forecasting, or related environment for an International company.
- Highly analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (SQL knowledge is a plus)
- Organized, self-starter and a quick learner
- Proven experience to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality.
- Development and execution of network design and optimization to support cost reduction, increase delivery speed and improved delivery experience for Amazon customers
- Experience of dealing with complex issues, metrics and data management, and desire to create and bence to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills, coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required
- Fluent English essential, other languages (German/French/Italian/Spanish) desirable.
- Masters level degree
- Attention to detail and high ability for data mining
- Hands-on and ready to roll up sleeves, to dive deep into the business, in a lean organization
- Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate, makes things happen, ability to move fast, innovate and simplify
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently to take ownership
- Strong data manipulation background and works with numbers on a daily basis and experience with big data set analysis
- Proven track record of improving the end to value chain and experience designing advanced Supply Chain processes and implementing world class Supply Chain/Logistics tools
- Experience in direct-to-customer fulfilment or distribution centre
- Familiarity with supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
- Experience of SQL, Data Analysis Tools, and data-driven decision-making skills
- Fluency in German, Spanish, or other European languages.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.