Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Desktop Support Specialist, Win 10, AD
Desktop Support Specialist, Win 10, AD, Service Desk
Please only apply if you are willing to work on site, in central Reading, 5 days per week.
Our client, a leading private sector consultancy, is looking to hire an experienced Desktop Support Specialist.
The successful candidate will be required to onboard circa 100 staff/contractors over the next 3-4 months and the ongoing support of incumbent staff.
Please note: engagement is via umbrella company only.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support, ensuring all issues are documented and resolved.
- Set up and account creation in accordance with security processes
- Set up, install, manage permissions in accordance with standard procedures, including ticketing systems, knowledge base system, development tools, lower environments, staging environments
- Maintain and document hardware inventory
- Prepare Hardware / Virtual Machine provision on demand following company standards and security policies.
- Develop and maintain training and onboarding documents
Skills and experience required: -
- Relevant experience in a Desktop support, Technical Support role.
- Understanding of networking concepts e.g. TCP/IP, DHCP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, Routing/switching, DNS, Routing, Switching
- In depth experience troubleshooting desktops/laptops, mobile devices, printers, scanners, copiers and AV equipment
- Proven experience administering Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft Office 2007-2016
- Experience supporting and administering MacOS and Linux highly desirable
- Administering and managing Active Directory (Users, contacts, permissions, groups etc.
- Experience with management systems e.g. SCCM, MDT, MDM
- Security Services
- Experience supporting Lenovo, HP, Apple hardware, Dell hardware