Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Software Development Engineer III
About Zipcar India:
Zipcar Technology Innovations Pvt Ltd. (ZipCar IDC) is a rapidly growing organization which develops technology for the new products of Zipcar Inc. We are building an exciting new product that empowers people to create better futures by offering mobility options that are affordable, flexible, dependable, and hassle-free. Its a big challenge and has the potential to disrupt a $90 billion dollar market. This is a diverse, complex, and multi-state product with some big opportunities ahead of us.
We operate like a fast growth startup under the Zipcar brand and are hiring team members to join us! The technology, developed by ZipCar IDC, is aimed to power the companys next stage of growth which redefines the future of urban mobility. We are hiring to build the Mission teams who would work on critical product development from ideation to deployment and scale the technology to launch new products and support the growth of business. We are looking for people who loves high velocity start-up environment, solving problems at scale using latest technology and takes pride making impact to the customers.
Role & Responsibilities: (What we expect in a candidate)
- Software Development Engineers (SDE-III) are talented, self-motivated individuals with strong problem solving and analytic skills, developing software applications and services that make life easier for customers.
- The SDE-III is expected to work with an agile team independently to develop, test, and maintain software in distributed architecture.
- As an SDE-III you will get an opportunity to work with product managers, engineering leaders and business stakeholders to solve complex business problems and build the necessary solutions.
- Design Sub-systems focused on solving business problems; Ensure Implementation is in-line with design & well integrated with all other dependent sub-systems/systems
- You will work in the spirit of agile & a product engineering mindset - driving the sprint outcomes, iteratively & incrementally and independently be able to deliver features.
- You will have breadth of concepts, tools & technologies like security, performance, reliability, maintainability and advocate relevant trade-offs.
- You will mentor & guide, actively evangelize and inculcate the engineering mindset and culture, share knowledge within peer groups, SDE-Is while providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- You will drive change with a continuous improvement mindset working on opportunities to shift left; Proactive about reduction of tech. debts, eliminating waste, increasing automation, using the right productivity tools, understanding client business, using dashboards for monitoring & alerts
- Ensure closure of Tech. Debts & adopt practices to prevent Tech. Debts
- Use Static Analysis & Profiling tools to ensure high Code Quality & Performance
- Practice & inculcate best practices, adopting CI/CD to Deliver, Deploy & Support the implementation from Dev., QA environments all the way to Production.
Required Skills: (Must have)
- 5+ years of professional work experience in software development preferably in a Product based or consumer internet companies.
- Great problem solving and Analytic skills. Ability to choose the relevant data structures, algorithms considering Time & Space Complexity
- Ability to write clean, modular, bug-free, and loosely coupled code. Passion for developing highly scalable systems.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Java, concepts of multithreading, messaging, instrumentation, etc.
- Expert understanding of OO concepts and design patterns and ability to apply to right problems.
- Proficiency with Java, Spring Framework, familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms like AWS or GCP/Azure and hands-on experience working on one of the above.
Preferred Skills: (Nice to have)
- Prior experience in working in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience in developing customer facing consumer internet products which operates in high scale.
- Launching micro-services from scratch and performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience working with ElasticSearch, NoSQL technologies, Mongo, Dynamo, Redis, Memcache etc.
- Understanding and setting upa CI/CD pipeline infrastructure & stack from grounds-up (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Mentoring Junior engineers and lead small team as tech-lead.