Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Software Support Engineer - Java & Kafka
About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech. Were a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
- Responsible for implementation of a variety of schedule-critical, development and production programs
- Actively Participate in full software development lifecycle including planning, defining systems work scope, designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting infrastructure
- Work on multiple project tasks and deliverables
- Contribute to enhancing the team's best practices that increase quality, accuracy, and speed.
- Respond to customers with queries and possible solutions
- Manage support channels and maintain a log of all unique issues
- Strive to maintain established SLAs for efficient communication with the end users
- Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Mentors/coaches engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them.
- Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Agility in working operations, development & data analytics
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electrical/ Electronic or equivalent degree
- 8+ years experience working in web technologies and apps
- Experience in handling customer centric support communication
- Design and implement REST APIs and Experience working with multi-threaded programming in high performance, distributed environments
- Experience in SQL/No SQL development (complex queries, stored procedures, and user defined functions) and performance tuning is required
- Java performance tuning, memory management, debug heap dumps to identify memory leaks
- Good experience with web apps, setup environments and development operations
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and code management tools like - GitHub
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability as a problem-solver
- Experience working in fast paced internet/e-commerce companies
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in collaboration with multiple teams across geography
- Experience with presenting to and influencing at all levels within a large, cross-functional organization.
- Experience in supply chain domain
- Experience of working in massively large-scale data
- Experience of building products that are powered by data and insights
- Excellent programming experience using Java, Messaging Queues (Kafka/RabbitMQ), Micro Services, Spring, Spring Boot, RDBMS, ELK,REST API & Web Services
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.