4510 Old International Airport Rd Ste 101, Anchorage, Alaska 99502
We are Alaska's tug andbarge company- and are growing.
Cook Inlet Tug & Bargehasprovidedmarine services since 1924. We specialize in harbor services and fuel distribution throughout South Central, Southeast and Western Alaska. Visit www.cookinlettug.com to learn more about us.
Why Cook Inlet Tug & Barge?
Simply put, Cook Inlet Tug &Bargeisa team ofexceptionalmerchant mariners. If you are looking foradventure,flexibleseasonalwork, andenjoy what you do,this isan opportunity of a lifetime!Here, you willbeprofessionallychallengedin a remote environment with a stunning backdrop to add to your life experiences.
This position is benefit eligible! If you are ready for an adventure, we would love to hear from you!
We are starting interviews for our upcoming summer season NOW!
Get your application in today at: https://www.cookinlettug.com/careers!
Roles and Responsibilities
As Captain you are responsible to:
- Ensuring crew's welfare and training in areas such as safety, firefighting, search and rescue.
- Ensure the safe navigation of the vessel at all times.
- Conducts required drills, training, safety meetings and maintains records of such, per company policy.
- Conducts and ensures compliance with vessel maintenance and inspection requirements as prescribed by the company.
- Inspects vessel to ensure conformance with safety standards and maritime regulations.
- Work closely with customers, pilots and appropriate government agencies to ensure the proper performance of the job.
- Ensures prompt and accurate reporting of all equipment failures, illnesses, incidents, accidents and damages.
- Maintains current knowledge of all maritime laws.
- Directs and supervises crew members in safe and productive operation of the vessel, its machinery and equipment.
- Holds crew accountable for their adherence to maritime law, company policies and procedures, and their individual performance/productivity.
- Evaluate all crewmembers in accordance with Company policy and take action as necessary.
- Implement company policies and procedures, and general maritime industry standards to maintain a safe work environment.
- Focus on water depth, weather, surging and other traffic.
- Must possess and maintain a National Master 500/1600 OC or NC license, National Master of Towing, STCW, Radar Endorsement, MMC, and TWIC.
- Valid USCG Merchant Mariner Credential required/ STCW, HAZWOPER, and PIC (preferred).
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- Valid state driver's license.
- ValidUnited States Passport.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background checkwithqualificationsto enter Canada.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Experience and Skills:
- 5 years experience as a Master or Operating Mate on towing vessels.
- A marine operations background and are familiar with shipyards, tugs, and oil barges (preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of Maritime law and current updates.
- Skilled with equipment best suited to handle the job at hand.
- Lodging and provisions on the vessel
- Transportation to and from the vessel provided by the company
- Must bephysicallyfittoclimb aboard tugs and barges, ascend and descend ladders and balance while aboard vessels in aseaway; kneel,stoop, use stairs, reach overhead, and stand forlong periods.
- Comfortable with heights or narrow walkways.
- Must be able to work 12 hours a day every day for the entire season.
- Exposure toallweather conditions(rain, ice, snow, heat,wind, etc.).
- Seasonal position - four to six months.
- As leaders in our industry, we take crew Health and Safety seriously
Cook Inlet Tug & Barge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. We are a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.