Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
RN- Nurse Manager (Care Coach) in Rockville, Maryland | Careers at The Villageat Rockville
National Lutheran is doing something fantastic! We have created an amazing, genuine, and caring culture. Would you like to be a part of our We CARE team? We value our team members and strive to ensure they experience the same genuine CARE that we provide to our customers. Our team members embody the word CARE in every way-from serving seniors and families to interactions with one another.
About the Role
What's in it for you:
* A We CARE culture of creating smiles, attending to details, respecting everyone, and embodying excellence
* Competitive compensation
* Tuition Reimbursement
Our full time team members enjoy:
* Generous PTO plan
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* 403(b) retirement plan
If you are looking for a rewarding career in more ways than one, join us in setting the new standard for service with We CARE!
The RN Care Coach's primary responsibility is to provide leadership and supervision for Nursing Services Team Members. The Care Coach takes the lead in coaching, supervising, directing and coordinating the NLCS nursing service program on their floor to ensure excellence in the delivery of care for residents at the community. The Care Coach has a focus to partner in the coordination, direct delivery of care and development of NLCS nursing programs and services. The Care Coach will also be responsible for coordinating the development and completion of the resident assessment process and individualized plan of care, and assisting with the overall systems and processes of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, along with NLCS policies and procedures. Some responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role
- Ensures that the highest degree of quality care is delivered and maintained at all times
- Trains staff in performance of duties including NLCS standards of service excellence
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team, identifies ways to improve care of residents, and make recommendations as appropriate;
- Provides strong supervisory, performance management, leadership and coaching skills for their team
- Monitors staffing and unit activities; communicates policies and procedures
- Takes lead in recruiting and on-boarding Nursing Staff; ensures appropriate training on standards of nursing services practices during the orientation of new employees
- Conducts regular rounds and assumes responsibility on assigned units and 12-hour rotating shifts to include weekends and holidays to monitor resident activity and ensure continuity and quality care.
- Ensures acuity on assigned units is appropriate for the guests/residents. Collaborates with Staffing Coordinator, ADON, and other Care Coaches as appropriate; makes changes as required.
- Build trust and accountability by frequently holding coaching conversations with team members to develop, mentor, and provide constructive feedback to support team members' goals and strategies
- Conduct stay interviews for all new hires
- Practices regular Coaching Conversations with direct reports to build up and equip
- Run and manage various reports from HRIS / payroll systems to maintain compliance with employee licensures, payroll, Relias, attendance, etc.
- Responsible for oversight of department budget and payroll functions
- Verifies care activity documentation to ensure the delivery of nursing care according to physician's orders, care plans, established standards and facility policies. Ensures medication administration is as ordered in accordance with nursing standards and NLCS procedures and policies.
- Directly verifies and documents status of residents with change in conditions, new admissions, accidents and incidents, and validates continuity of care against the 24-hour report and dashboard documentation in (PCC).
- Reviews and Updates Infection Control Logs, Wound Logs, Lab Logs and other system process for continuity of care and per policies and procedures. Follows up with nurses and nursing assistants who fail to meet standards
- Reviews and evaluates resident MDS assessments and plan of care; ensures appropriate implementation
- Coordination and completion of individualized plan of care & MDS assessments
- Directs resident care plan conferences
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of employment with NLCS
- CPR and first aid certifications required
- Knowledge, experience and proficiency with COMAR, Office of Health Care Quality and CMS guidelines a plus.
- Knowledge with Geriatric Nursing Assistant and Licensed/Registered Nurse Scope of Practice
- Experience in geriatric and/or subacute nursing, medication, treatment administration; unit and or house supervisory;
- Proven, positive leadership skills essential
- Computer electronic medical record experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to partner, communicate, coach and counsel direct report team members
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office