Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.Location:1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.Why is this role important?Are you at the top of your game? Bring your expertise and knowledge to Canada’s largest retailer. We are looking for thoughtful, kind and curious team members to help bring our data & analytics game to the next level. This is an exciting time to join our team – we are changing the game in a big way!If you are looking to join a company that offers unlimited opportunity, excellent leadership, world-class training and makes a big impact on the community – this is the role you’ve been waiting for!The Data Governance team at Loblaw is hiring an Analyst, Data Access Governance, with experience with experience implementing data access policies, processes and controls. Working with the Sr. Manager, Data Access Governance, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing controls and building processes to effectively manage data access. This will include playing a key role in governing access and consumption of data. The position will also participate in all aspects of the administration of the core data and analytics tools across the Enterprise. In short, helping us mature our data-driven capabilities.What You'll Do:
- Define and govern accessibility based on roles, permissions, and use cases for various data platforms (GCP, Teradata).
- Work with the Metadata team to identify and flag all data sources with sensitive data (PHI, PII) and ensure adequate protections are in place
- Maintain and manage documentation outlining permissions for various business units and roles
- Collaborate with the business to ensure users have access to the right data at the right time for the right purposes and duration
- Help build an Access Governance framework within the Enterprise
- Support the execution on the enterprise wide data governance framework
- Business support to enable a data-driven culture (communication, training)
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to validate data security and access controls across the Enterprise
- Demonstrate CORE (Care, Ownership, Respect, Excellence) values
- Other duties as required
What You'll Bring:
- Hands on experience in data (governance and/or management and/or security), risk management or working with cloud data platforms.
- An understanding of data security and data governance fundamentals
- Experience with any Database and/or Cloud Management platforms is required (e.g. Teradata, GCP, Azure, SAP HANA)
- Experience working within an agile delivery framework
- Experience with visualization tools is an asset (e.g. MicroStrategy, PowerBI, QlikSense)
- A great teammate, self starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker with an ability to think creatively
- Advanced Productivity Tool skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Confluence, Jira, Slack, SharePoint)
What Loblaw Offers YouWe offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity and strive to build a culture of inclusion where differences are embraced, valued and supported. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs. Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.www.Loblaw.ca/careersLoblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:Full timeType of Role:RegularWe have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.