General Ledger - Team Lead
As GL Team Lead, besides the core accounting responsibilities, you mentor and support accounting personnel on proper accounting procedures, which include but are not limited to accounting, budgeting, forecasting, costing, asset valuation. You also perform internal control reviews and remediation as required for the Group compliance; and produce analysis based on the operations and financial results of the company.
- Perform core accounting activities which include but are not limited to monthly, quarterly, yearly close for your assigned accounts.
- Manage accounting operations including the following: gathering month end closing information, preparing month end journal entries, reviewing staff closing work, preparing monthly financial statements and reviewing with your team, preparing monthly financial reporting packages including variance analysis, and other analysis as needed.
- Ensure completion of reconciliations, audit packages, tax packages, fixed asset monitoring, VAT and withholding tax submission and review of all related work completed by your team to ensure accuracy.
- Handle other accounting related functions such as fixed asset inventory/tagging, ERP finance related maintenance/intercompany transactions/IFRS16 Anaplan and etc.
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for efficiency improvement within established management guidelines
- Assist in the development and implementation of new systems, special projects, initiatives and processes
- Monitor working capital, review corporate policies related to working capital and model their impact on cash flows.
- Improve the GL closing process such as automating the reporting and so on
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure world class accounting practice is achieved.
- Create an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Build your team's capabilities.
- Education Background : Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Experience : At least 10 years general ledger and finance reporting analysis experience, Experience working with multiple currencies, People management experience
- Require Skill :
1. Strong technical accounting, analytical, project management, process improvement skills, and proficiency in spreadsheet.
2. Ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills
3. Excellent communication skills; work well both independently and in a team environment
4. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work effectively under pressure and deadlines
5. Hands on with excellent attention to details
6. Positive personality and a good working attitude
7. Strong initiative in work
- Certificate :
CPA or ACCA or other professional accounting accreditation