Assistant Manager – Thought Leadership & Policy
Role Title Assistant Manager – Thought Leadership & Policy
Reports to: Manager – Thought Leadership and Policy, India
Accountable to: Country Head and Director, IET India
Hours: As many as required to fulfil the needs of the post but not less
than 40 hours per week
Location: Raheja Towers, Bengaluru, India
CTC: Upto INR 9 Lakhs per annum (basis potential and experience)
Setting the Scene:
Assistant Manager - Thought Leadership & Policy will help build and implement the strategic vision for thought leadership in areas of technology, mobility, work and education for the IET in India. You will work with senior expert volunteers (thought leaders) to produce knowledge output for a varied set of audience, including recommendations and public policy documents for the government, industry and academia to prepare themselves for future disruptions and to operate efficiently. You will support the volunteers with systems and processes and guide them to attain the goals they have defined for their area of focus. You will be expected to manage strategic programmes as well as deal internally within the organisation to ensure cross functional support within the business.
Key Accountabilities (not necessarily in priority order):
• Support in ongoing research and development of thought leadership themes and key topics relevant to the Indian market.
• Research, spot and on-board suitable volunteers to the IET India Thought Leadership panels
• Work closely with the Manager – Thought Leadership and Policy and panel members to finalise their annual and quarterly plans and milestones and follow-up for closures
• Work closely with the Events, Marketing, Membership, Communities and Operations team to enhance the work of IET Thought Leadership and Policy Team
• Update and maintain a database of the sectors ecosystem – internal and external
• Own the timelines and quality of knowledge outputs from our volunteers including but not limited to whitepapers, position statements, case-studies, recommendations, research reports etc.,
• Keep up-to-date with what’s happening in our areas of focus and suggest possible new avenues and opportunities
• Coordinate for work group meetings / committee meetings, minute them and follow through to actions
• Constantly monitor functioning of our Working Groups, analyse and report their performance to the stakeholders and produce efficacy reports
• Sit on all expert working group calls, providing administrative support.
• Consult and use feedback from volunteers and other stakeholders to continuously improve the sector approach in terms of the development and delivery of IET products and services.
• Support the events team for thought leadership-led led events
• Provide effective administration, organisation and application of consistent project management techniques/methodology.
• Undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager
• Support in implementing the strategic vision for thought leadership led events as well as enable their outcomes
• Support in getting reactive and proactive advisory through volunteer panels to the government and associated bodies to impact policy outcomes in areas of focus
• Research and monitor activities in the public policy space and implement our impact plans for the policy space
• Select and onboard a network of volunteers whose expertise matches both the policy and governance landscape as well as the IET’s strategic focus areas
• Work with the events and marketing departments to ensure that the IET’s public policy work is well represented in the media
Corporate Social Responsibility
• Support the IET’s CSR portfolio and manage funds (subject to setting up of the trust)
• Implement plans to attract CSR partnerships and deploy them effectively to projects that match the IET’s focus areas in India
• Account manage sponsors, delivery partners and reporting
• Own the implementation of strategic special projects and their outcomes
• Deliver the IET’s education content in India via a network of schools
Aptitude and experience:
• Educated to degree level with atleast 4 years of work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a good command of the English language
• Expertise in MS suite – presentation and excel
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload, and work autonomously
• Analytical skills and basic project management skills
• Ability multi-task and keep multiple projects running
• An ability to develop strong relationships, internally and externally
• Flexibility to travel as needed.
• An interest in technology and its impact
• Experience of working with volunteers
• Campaign management expertise