Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so its equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
3Ms culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking What if? And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about whats to come next. Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
The Impact Youll Make in this Role
The Business Analyst serves as the liaison between the customer community and the technical development team. This person will be responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing the business needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users. The successful candidate will work closely with business units, subject matter experts and technical resources to identify business needs, define projects, develop requirements and test cases and working with the technical development team to project completion.
Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops.
- Communicating (verbal and written) with business units that rely on that information to define system requirements or organizational processes and company management
- Collecting and analyzing the project's business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to the development team.
- Reviewing and/or preparing system documentation and specifications in accordance with methodology.
- Leading small teams of analysts to produce targeted results
- Suggesting areas for process improvement along with possible solutions
- Facilitating requirements prioritization based on business value
- Managing requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Managing changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools
- Balancing technology and business issues as well as communicating appropriately with both technology and business experts
- Assisting in enforcement of project deadlines, schedules, and methodologies
- Developing wire frames, workflows, use case diagrams, flowcharts, and other analysis-type documentation.
- Developing test scenarios and test cases, and testing activities necessary to assess the quality and completion of system implementations
- Performing data analytics using SQL and other tools as necessary
- Proactively driving resolution of requirements and projects issues/risks to resolution to prevent impacts to schedule and scope of projects.
- Develop test strategies, scenarios, and test cases to support system integration testing and business user acceptance testing.
- Bachelors degree in Computer science, Business or related field (completed and verified prior to start)
- 3 years experience as a business analyst in private, public, government or military environments Proficient in Microsoft Project, MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Understand all aspects of software development lifecycle
- Understand various SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience in cloud computing environments
- Experience integrating legacy applications with ERP, workflow, and other packaged solutions.
- Healthcare Order to Cash experience
- Experience in supervising a team of Business Analysts, managing their work, performance evaluation etc.
- Experience in developing metrics to measure project/business process performance.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong experience in evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Collaborate with development team to create system requirements for the business requirements.
- Ability to perform reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies.
- Strong experience in requirements analysis, contribute to solution design that meets business requirements
- Lean/Six Sigma Green belt (or other process improvement disciplines).
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills across technical and senior operational management audiences.
- Familiar with various IT and PM tools JIRA, RTC etc.
- Agile methodologies
- ITIL certified (preferred)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- UI/UX Design and Development.
- Experience with EAI / API integration
- Experience with Oracle EBS
- Experience with Cloud (AWS/Azure)
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.