Reporting to the functional Head of HR, this role will provide HR expertise to our Rugby Hub using a partnership approach, advising and coaching managers to deliver their business objectives through the performance of their people. Operating in a Shared Services (e.g. Ulrich) model, the role is the ‘Face of HR’ in your area acting as the people lead on companywide strategic initiatives.
You will be accountable for:
- Contributing to, and driving the people strategy in the area(s) of responsibility ensuring alignment with the overall business and wider HR strategy.
- Working in partnership with the Centres of Excellence (COE) within the wider HR function, ensure delivery of those people plans by driving the implementation of key activities and initiatives.
- Use people key performance indicators to drive performance of the business and to develop people initiatives to drive positive change across the organisation.
- Ensure the business is effectively resourced by having clear recruitment plans, driving the resourcing teams to help deliver those plans and supporting with recruitment activity where necessary.
- Support the resourcing team in creating a positive Employee Value Proposition and ensure that Evri has a positive employee brand in the local areas in which we are recruiting.
- Ensure effective onboarding processes are in place and are being carried out, working with Leadership Development and the Operational areas and the operation to create solutions to address any gaps.
- Support the Job Evaluation processes, identify pay issues at local level and work with COE to develop a solution.
- Support the Reward team with cyclical activities and ensure effective implementation of annual pay and bonus processes.
- Drive the Talent & Succession agenda across the business and coach leaders to ensure they are able to identify, develop and mentor individuals in their team and across the business.
- Coach line managers to help identify and address people issues e.g. development, performance and conduct, and work with the COE to develop/implement appropriate solutions.
- Drive employee engagement by supporting leaders with engagement planning and driving functional engagement initiatives.
- Where appropriate, build effective relationships with the union and take accountability for driving key actions from union sessions.
- Be accountable for the successful implementation of all business change and or/new business initiatives e.g. TUPE, Insourcing, Redundancy.
- Oversee the delivery and implementation of key HR initiatives, ensuring a positive interface between operations and the central HR department.
- Ensure that new or amended policies are communicated to the business and all key stakeholders and ensuring the consistent application of HR policies and processes across your business area, including the standardisation of documentation
To be successful in this role you will require the following…
- Full driving licence
- Degree Level Education/CIPD Preferable
Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working within HR, ideally as a HRBP or equivalent
- Strong commercial, numerical, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret and manage commercial information and data.
- track record in building effective relationships with managers at all levels, advising and coaching them on a wide range of and sometimes complex HR issues.
- Thorough understanding of employment law and its application to HR practice.
- Project management skills, experience of managing change and implementing new initiatives
Technical & People Skills:
- Ability to work as an independent decision maker, along with the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Every parcel, every person, every place – every delivery made for you.
Evri is leading the way in creating responsible delivery experiences for everyone, everywhere. And we’re doing that by offering the most convenient way to send, receive and return parcels without costing the earth.
Whether it’s a customer sending a present to a friend, a marketplace trader shipping in bulk or a major retailer such as John Lewis, asos or Next, we’ve got it covered. With our team of 30,000 couriers, thousands of local ParcelShops and a growing network of hubs and depots across the country, we safely get parcels from A to everywhere.
And it’s not just customers and retailers who trust us. We’ve won loads of industry awards over the past few years, including gongs for IT, innovation and our green fleet.
But we wouldn’t be the biggest dedicated parcel delivery company in the UK without amazing people. We’re a friendly, ambitious and diverse bunch, united by a passion for delivering the best customer experience. We have great opportunities throughout the business, so take a look to see where you might fit in. We can’t wait to hear from you.