Are you an experienced and enthusiastic professional seeking a new challenge? Rutherford Briant have an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning Top 60 Accountancy Practice based in Cambridge. The firm are offering the opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team and the element of working from home under their agile working policy along with many more great benefits!
The role involves thriving in their Business Services Team, providing accountancy, taxation and business support services to a wide variety of small and medium sized clients including limited companies, partnerships, sole traders, not for profit organisations/charities, and professional firms, operating across a variety of sectors.
What you will do:
- This is a newly created role which provides excellent scope for personal and career development. The role offers significant autonomy with the opportunity to work with the partners to shape the future of our Business team in Cambridge.
- You will draw on your strong technical expertise to provide excellent front line client service, building and developing relationship with clients.
- Working to develop the other individuals in the team will be key. You will oversee a committed group of students and qualified staff and the role will suit someone who enjoys managing people, coaching, development and getting the best out of members of the team.
- You will manage an interesting and varied portfolio of client work, reviewing the work of junior staff, controlling budgets and billing.
- There is scope for you to be actively involved in business development activities in order to grow the team.
- You will work closely with the Partners and with the rest of the team across the region.
What you will need:
- ICAEW/ACCA qualification.
- Recent experience in a UK practice environment.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work autonomously whilst also having demonstrable experience of managing and developing a team. Previous experience of supervising and reviewing the work of more junior staff is essential.
- The ability to prepare proposals for new work and to pitch to new clients, either alone or in conjunction with partners.
- Prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia. A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential to facilitate client visits.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and accounting software, e.g. Sage and Xero.
What you will get in return:
A friendly working environment.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Salary sacrifice scheme available to purchase additional holiday and/or pension contributions.
Peoples Pension: 4% employer, 5% employee contributions
Private medical insurance
Health cash plan
Employee Assistance programme
Sound like the role for you? Please dont hesitate to get in touch or apply now!