The Senior Consultant Engineer is the SME for responsible for the leadership of one or more engineering scrum teams to plan, deliver and support service features that deliver customer value and/or mature service capability.
Extensive experience in understanding and analysing requirements and solution architectures , and translating them into a high level design; including preparation of various design artefacts such as design briefs, API specifications, impact assessment documents, and solution on a Page
Extensive experience in designing cloud native solutions, preferably on AWS), utilising multiple design paradigms
Comfortable working at both at a management and squad level i.e. conceptually and at a practical level - including consulting to other domains beyond Customer Master
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key project stakeholders with a strong ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues to business stakeholders.
Strong development and delivery experience preferably in Customer Data Management and Banking solutions
System integration experience in complex technology environments involving APIs (REST and SOAP), business process orchestration, and event driven integration
It is expected that the role holder will most likely have the following qualifications and experience
15+ years Technology delivery experience
10+ years in application/solution design and/or solution architecture
Experience in Software Delivery including tools such as CI/CD, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software / Source Code Configuration Management.
Experience in platform automation tools (DB Management, AWS, Jenkins, GITHUB)
Workflow tools such as JIRA / Rally
Must have skills:
Development background, System design/engineering, design thinking, Service design skill, great communication skill, stakeholder management skill, cloud technology skills, AWS architect certification preferred
Nice to have:
Banking experience, master data management skills, development background in Java
Roles & Responsibility
- Work with product owners, both internal and external, to understand and analyse business requirements and provide inputs on refining the requirements
- Convert business requirements in technology solution at varying level of details: solution on a page, high level design, detailed design
- Hold required workshops and participate in required design forums to gain acceptance and sign off on the solution from all stakeholders
- Create and contribute to customer master knowledge repositories
- Exhibit and champion agile mindset to delivering solutions
- Proactively identify and raise risks
- Champion a CI/CD mindset and corresponding cultural transformation.
- Maintain an understanding of Best practice initiatives within own specialist area, and IT in general by continually seeking out relevant industry and technical knowledge. Improve on professional skills by completing necessary development activities
- Work as an effective team member, supporting peers and recognising the contributions of others to ensure the achievement of team goals
- Demonstrate and provide professional and ethical behaviour in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation, bank standards and internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- Ensure all personal training records are maintained and kept up to date
- Take reasonable care for own health & safety, as well as that of others
- Coaching & mentoring of team to uplift skills and knowledge to perform their role to be compliant with FSRA requirements and external legislation in a professional and ethical manner.
- Conform with all internal operating procedures relevant to the position.
- Deliver and document solution design on time, free of gaps and in accordance with NAB architectural principle, security standards, modern architectural patterns, and customer master target state architecture
- Provide estimates of requested work on time
- Handle multiple initiatives in parallel and manage time effectively
- Identify and raise existing design gaps and system inefficiencies; follow through to include these in customer master backlog
- Advocate target state customer master adoption. Call out where deviation is observed and ensure appropriate treatment is applied to the deviation (e.g. tech debt documented and signed off with architects and service owners)
- Proactively raise risk events, issues or concerns, and take prompt and timely action to address
- Build good working relationship with colleagues from a wide spectrum, both within and outside customer master
Build awareness of risks NAB faces as a financial institution and bring that awareness in the solution design delivery.
Ensure mandatory NAB trainings are completed on time without exception
Exhibit NAB values by championing excellence for customers, growing together, being respectful, and showing ownership mindset