Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Lead Engineer (Data Warehousing & SQL)
The Senior Consultant Engineer is the SME for responsible for the leadership of one or more engineering scrum teams to plan, deliver and support service features that deliver customer value and/or mature service capability.
We are seeking a highly motivated and versatile person to work with the Asset Servicing Reporting and Front Office (ASRFO) engineering team as a Technical Lead with solution design, delivery and software development responsibilities.
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for giving direction to the off-shore technology team who will be developing, testing and supporting the systems owned and managed by the team.
The successful applicant is someone who wants to lead a team of technical resources, is pro-active in taking ownership of delivery deadlines and ensuring support SLAs are met, and can communicate effectively with both technology and business teams.
- Fulfil a role as Technical Lead for the design, development, testing, support and maintenance of the ASRFO systems
- Monitor support issues and problem records that arise as well as perform routine maintenance activities in conjunction with other NAB technology groups.
- Perform project activities as directed by the Project Manager.
- Work under guidance of the Stream Lead Reporting and Front Office.
- Perform change management activities including approvals.
- Contribute to prioritisation and estimation sessions.
- Contribute to the development of systems documentation
Key Performance Indicator:
- Managing & Executing on the design, development and testing of customer / colleague and technology features/stories in line with service priorities
- Develop to, maintain and validate engineering standards, application architecture and design patterns, code level standards etc.
- Owns the adoption of standards-working with the team to ensure understanding and adoption of Software Engineering standards
- Leading an agile delivery scrum team outputs including: engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers' responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development guardrails, testing etc.
- Supporting code in production
- Leveraging and exploiting cloud solutions, DevOps, testing automation etc.
- Produce & review effort estimates and actuals to deliver stories / features
- Provide SME insights for aligned Applications , Platforms
- It is expected that the role holder will most likely have the following qualifications and experience
- 15+ years Technology experience
- 10+ years in application development and / or support roles
- Data Warehouse/Data Integration
- Data Modelling/Data Analysis
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Exposure to the following will also be beneficial
- Experience in providing technology client service
- Customer Focus
- Proven ability to use relevant data analytics approaches and tools to problem-solve and trouble-shoot.
- Knowledge & experience with Build languages
- Focus on quality and detail.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to quality and auditability
- Tertiary qualification in technology related degree