EM Full Stack
Telus International AI Data Solutions or TI AI for short, has been a global leader in data
services since 2005. Listed on Feb 21 on the NYSE, TI, now has a market cap of
$10Million+. With Playment's acquisition on July 21, we now have a combined strength in
video, images, audio text labelling, serving the world's top ML teams.
We've built a truly industry agnostic platform to support the growing needs of our
customers. Eg of our customer use cases - Automotive companies build self-driving
capabilities, Agriculture companies for identifying weeds & fruit picking, Insurance
companies for claim processing & damage detection, Retail companies for shelf
tracking, Drone/Satellite imagery for terrain analysis, E-commerce for cataloguing & visual
object understanding etc.
Why is it important?
High-quality training data is quintessential to improve the precision of ML algorithms. Forbes
lists 'Autonomous Cars' as one of the technology trends for the next decade and also
estimates ML engineers spent 70% of their time in pre/post-processing & data management
Companies need to build sophisticated tooling (supporting all forms of sensor data), hire
and manage hundreds of skilled people to ensure high-quality labelled data.
Our autonomous driving customers estimate 1 hour of video data needs 800 man-hours of
manual human work. Today, in the wake of the autonomous car industry only a few million
km of data has been labelled, and 10x more will be collected before the world sees them on
the road. Just as DevOps is critical to tech implementation, AI Ops will be a big challenge
as AI development commercialises in the next 5-10 years. We aim to become an AI data
platform, a critical part of the AI infrastructure stack.
● Strong problem solving skills
● Fast learner
● At least 6+ year of experience working in a product company and at least 2+ years of
experience managing a team of 6+ people
● Knowledge and experience on working with React-redux
● High level knowledge of backend technologies and basic experience of working in
backend e.g. API development, writing sql queries. More backend knowledge is
definitely good to have
● Good grasp of fundamentals of computer science and web development
● Has extensive experience contributing to the architecture, design and performance
optimizations and also in guiding others
● Able to give and receive constructive feedback
● Experience recruiting great engineers to their teams
● Clear and persuasive in all forms of communication - writing, verbal
● Excel in environments with high level of autonomy and responsibility
● Experience in 2d-3d rendering, THREE.js is good to have
● Plan quarter level and beyond roadmap along with product manager and the team
● Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers. Have regular
1:1s. Elevate the skills of the team through technical mentorship
● Play scrum master for the team leading planning, retrospectives and other meetings as
● Hire great engineers and ensure that team is well staffed
● Ensure that the team is productive and reliable
● Ensure that quarter level commitments are met for more than 90% of the commitments.
● Ensure the system owned by the team meet the SLA in reliability and quality and support
is provided to users in time with proper on call function
● Drive product and design discussions
● Lead architecture and design of new and old systems
● Build services and platform which power TI AI
● Understand, follow and contribute to TI AI's standards for the software development life
● Work closely with product and tech team to deliver efficient, maintainable and unit tested
● Collaborate with product & business teams to understand customer journeys and solve
problems that help TI AI grow.
● Work with a world class team working on a very forward looking problem.
● Competitive Pay
● Health insurance for the family
● Open culture
● Work accessories and a great work location
● Flexible Timings